Enjoy Rocket League but looking to play with and against more people at the same time? Developer Psyonix has announced that it’s open to the idea of boosting the max player count to more than 8 (the current cap is 4v4), though this would likely only happen if bigger arenas are released.
“We experimented with larger player counts but it’s too crazy,” Psyonix VP Jeremy Dunham said on Major Nelson’s latest podcast.
“Maybe one day we’ll revisit it if we ever decide to go with bigger stadiums. But for now, more than 4v4 we think takes a little bit away from the enjoyment of the game; it gets a little too crazy.”
He went on to say that 3v3 is the “sweet spot” for Rocket League. The game also includes 1v1 and 2v2 options, as well as an “unfair mode” where you can play 1v2, 1v3, or 1v4.
Earlier this month, Psyonix announced Rocket Labs, a playlist that lets players try out new maps before they are released in competitive playlists. The first three maps available in the playlist will feature wildly different layouts from what has been seen in the past. Check out the video above to get a closer look.
In other Rocket League news, the soccer-with-cars game arrives on Xbox One this coming Friday, February 17. This version will exclusively feature cars and items from the Halo, Gears of War, and Sunset Overdrive franchises. The game is also available on PlayStation 4 and PC, where it’s generated a reported $50 million.
Would you be interested in playing larger-scale Rocket League matches? Let us know in the comments below!
- Man Utd share prices sky-rocket by more than ELEVEN PER CENT after European Super League formation announcement
- Intel 11th Gen Rocket Lake CPU release date, price, specs, and gaming performance
- Destiny 2 Update Helps You Get Deep Stone Crypt's Exotic Rocket Launcher
- DAVID JONES: Yes, it's all over for the Super League, but with its grotesque fixation with money, football sold its soul years ago
- Super League 2021: Wakefield Trinity, Warrington Wolves and Wigan Warriors team profiles
- Legendary players and coaching
- European Super League: Project is dead, Agnelli admits
- Calculations on building new stadia should be increasingly nuanced with gate receipts no longer king
- ‘This isn’t my club’: Man Utd, Arsenal and Chelsea fans’ fury at European Super League that will kill football’s ‘magic’
- Canaries singing as Norwich clinch Premier League return
- Intel Core i9-11900K and i5-11600K Review: Rocket Lake Blasts Off
- Report: Trail Blazers signing C.J. McCollum to four-year max contract extension
- Premier League Darts 2021: Betting tips and £120 in free bets
- Rocket Report: Scottish spaceport hits roadblock, Launcher moves to LA
- Report: John Wall ‘rankled’ by James Harden’s high-paying Rockets contract
- Destiny 2 Update Coming March 23 Will Help You Get Deep Stone Crypt's Exotic Rocket Launcher
- Daryl Morey, Rockets owner avoid questions on Hong Kong, China controversy after ex-GM's exit: report
- Chinese state TV warns detractors after Daryl Morey steps down as Rockets GM
- Rockets' Daryl Morey stepping down as general manager year after Hong Kong tweet controversy: report
- Who is world rugby's most influential player? Our countdown continues from No 20
Rocket League Max Player Count Increase Under Consideration have 512 words, post on www.gamespot.com at February 13, 2016. This is cached page on Talk Vietnam. If you want remove this page, please contact us.