Vince Young was arrested for a DWI Sunday, according to Texas police.
Young, 32, had allegedly been driving erratically: swerving, and even taking 10 seconds to go at a green light, the arresting office said. After the traffic stop, the ex-QB allegedly smelled like booze, had next-to-no balance, and wasn’t, uh, crisp mentally, slurring his words. But he was polite. That last detail has to count for something.
Hell, he even laughed during the traffic stop. For some reason. The affidavit reported that the officer thought this was “unusual.”
Young was a big deal in college, leading the Texas Longhorns to the 2006 Rose Bowl trophy, and building a 30-2 record as a starter. This output earned him a runner-up stop for the Heisman Trophy as a junior. Nice. He took that momentum into the NFL, where he was the third overall pick in the 2006 draft with the Tennessee Titans. And guess who became Offensive Rookie of the Year.
But his career petered out. He lost more and more games. The Titans cut him, and he bounced around teams until retiring in 2014.
Now Young has to juke a misdemeanor DWI charge. He was sent to Travis County Jail after midnight Monday morning, with bail set at $2,000.
- Bills DT Oliver arrested on DWI, gun charges
- Top 25 NFL players under 25: Patrick Mahomes takes top spot, Saints lead all teams with three stars
- FMIA: ‘Just Figure It Out, Bro’—How The NFL’s Most Challenged Team Is Handling Distance Learning Reality
- Two NFL players wanted on armed robbery charges: What to know about DeAndre Baker and Quinton Dunbar
- Four NFL Players Arrested over the Weekend
- Los Angeles Rams receive new $500m loan from NFL to fund SoFi Stadium
- Seven Cowboys crack Pete Prisco's best 100 NFL players for 2020 but none in top 10
- 49ers’ Foster arrested on domestic violence charges
- 'The Last Dance': Four NFL teams who could have won another championship but broke up the dynasty too soon
- 'The Last Dance': Five NFL dynasties that are deserving of their own documentary
- 'The Last Dance': Four NFL teams that could have won another championship but broke up the dynasty too soon
- Buffalo Bills defensive tackle Ed Oliver arrested for DWI after ‘driving dangerously with open beer & a gun’
- Ed Oliver will participate in Bills' offseason program despite DWI and weapons charges, per report
- NFL 2020 team tiers: Who's a Lombardi contender? Who's rebuilding? Here's where every franchise ranks
- Tom Brady vs. Peyton Manning rivalry: From Brady's first start to Manning's last laugh, what you need to know
- Buffalo Bills' Ed Oliver arrested for DWI, weapon charges: report
- 2020 NFL Draft: Every pick from Round 1
- Daniel Jones' 2020 outlook: How Giants QB has improved already, and what he needs to do to take next step
- Buffalo Bills Ed Oliver Jr., Arrested for DWI
- Redskins' Cody Latimer arrested on five charges: Agent offers context as to what led to the incident
NFL QB Vince Young Reportedly Laughed When Arrested for a DWI have 474 words, post on lawnewz.com at January 25, 2016. This is cached page on Talk Vietnam. If you want remove this page, please contact us.