LANSING — Gov. Rick Snyder apologized to the City of Flint on Tuesday for the drinking water crisis that has left children poisoned by lead and announced that he accepted the resignation of Michigan Department of Environmental Quality Director Dan Wyant.Snyder said in a news release that there will be other personnel changes at the DEQ and that the moves he announced are among “initial steps” he is taking to assure the safety of Flint residents, with more action to come.“I want the Flint community to know how very sorry I am that this has happened,” Snyder said. “And I want all Michigan citizens to know that we will learn from this experience, because Flint is not the only city that has an aging infrastructure.”The governor, who previously stood by his DEQ director amid the controversy, said, ”Dan Wyant has offered his resignation, and I’ve determined that it’s appropriate to accept it.”Before joining the Snyder administration as DEQ director, Wyant was president and chief operating officer of the Edward Lowe Foundation, which promotes entrepreneurship and helps business owners grow their companies. Before that, he served as director of the Michigan Department of Agriculture under Govs. John Engler and Jennifer Granholm.Brad Wurfel, the DEQ public information officer who apologized after criticizing… Read full this story
- The World Water Crisis has Begun - God Help the Humans Now!
- Southern California Water Crisis
- Dangerous Chemicals Found in Flint River Water Before the Lead Crisis Started [Updated]
- Water A Global Crisis
- Conserving Water
- Where Has All The Water Gone?
- Catching Lost Water By Rainwater Harvesting And Construction Of Small Dams
- Water Management 2008 Exhibition and Conference
- Water Program in Webb, Pecos, Val Verde, El Paso and Hidalgo Counties in TX Save 25 Gal per Day
- New Technologies and Procedures of Desalinating Brackish Water Made Economically Feasible in TX
Snyder apologizes, Wyant resigns in Flint water crisis have 322 words, post on www.usatoday.com at December 29, 2015. This is cached page on Talk Vietnam. If you want remove this page, please contact us.