The Hanoitimes – The Foreign Ministry organised a conference at the Ho Chi Minh Museum, Hanoi on December 17 to review the project honouring the late President Ho Chi Minh abroad.
The project has been carried out on all continents since 2009.
According to the statistics, as of October 12, ten monuments of late President Ho Chi Minh has been built in countries: Chile, Dominicana Republic, Mexico, Argentina, the Philippines, Singapore, Sri Lanka, Laos and Thailand. At present, several memorial sites dedicated to the late President in foreign countries have been upgraded and expanded in about 20 countries around the world.
Addressing the conference, Deputy Foreign Minister Le Hoai Trung said under the project, a number of precious artifacts and documents related to late President Ho Chi Minh have been collected and brought to home country.
Deputy Minister Trung stressed that activities under the project have also helped people around the world gain better understanding about Vietnam’s history and President Ho Chi Minh’s contributions to human development, while deepening relations between Vietnam and the host country.
Speaking at the event, Deputy Prime Minister and Minister of Foreign Affairs Pham Binh Minh affirmed that the documents which the Foreign Ministry presented to the Ho Chi Minh Museum are attached to Vietnam foreign policy pointed out by late President Ho Chi Minh, “Being friends with countries and causing no animosity with anyone.”
The artifacts related to President Ho Chi Minh’s revolutionary activities preserved until now also show the appreciation of international friends towards the President, the country and people of Vietnam.
During the conference, participants proposed specific measures to effectively carry out the project in the long term.
On the occasion, delegates witnessed a ceremony to present a collection of artifacts related to President Ho Chi Minh’s revolutionary activities to the Ho Chi Minh Museum for preservation and exhibition.
- President Ho Chi Minh’s stay in Russia’s Petrograd recalled
- President Ho Chi Minh's teachings live forever
- Ethnic minority people to join program marking President Ho Chi Minh’s birthday
- Tet Festival opens in Ho Chi Minh City
- Foreigners experience Tet first-hand at Ho Chi Minh City’s festival
- Ho Chi Minh City, France boost ties
- Ho Chi Minh City's Tet festival promotes use of environment-friendly products
- Ho Chi Minh City flower village busy ahead of Tet
- Vietnamese Tet Festival 2020 opens in Ho Chi Minh City
- Remittances to Ho Chi Minh City hit US$5.3 billion during 2019