- Ho Chi Minh City fosters cooperative ties with Chinese locality
- Ho Chi Minh City hopes for closer investment ties with Laos
- Ho Chi Minh City hopeful for Party Congress’s success
- Ho Chi Minh City hopes to strengthen ties with Indian localities
- Ho Chi Minh City hopes to deliver ‘smart city’ benefits to residents
Deputy Mayor of Osaka Seigo Tanaka (Credit: gec.jp)
During his reception for Deputy Mayor of Osaka Seigo Tanaka on November 5, Liem spoke highly of results of the recent co-operation programme between the two cities as well as assistance provided by the Japanese city for Ho Chi Minh City, especially in environmental protection, stressing their effective co-operation which led to the achievement of important outcomes in the field.
Ho Chi Minh City hopes to receive more support from its Japanese counterparts in dealing with climate change as the city is heavily affected by the matter, Liem said.
For his part, Seigo Tanaka affirmed his city will continue to bolster multifaceted links with Ho Chi Minh City, especially in training high-quality human resources and conducting projects on environmental protection and climate change response.
According to him, the two sides will work together to implement a project on waste treatment in Ho Chi Minh City in the time ahead, which is expected to help conserve the environment and create new energy sources serving the daily activities of local residents./.