- Strengthening cooperation between Ministry of Natural Resources and Environment and French Development Agency
- French Development Agency funds Mekong Delta housing project
- French Development Agency provided 20 million USD to enhance SMEs activities
- The French Development Agency provides record sponsorships for Vietnam in 2014
- French Development Agency delegation visits Quang Ngai
(VOVworld) – The Ministry of Science and Technology and the French Development Agency launched a project to develop Geographical Indications in Vietnam. The 1.3 million USD project is intended to improve the registration and management system of geographical indications by developing a new approach based on the experience of European countries, particularly France. It will also help Vietnam integrate in the field regionally and globally.
Deputy Minister of Science and Technology Tran Viet Thanh said that Vietnam needs to boost the production and commercialization of its farm products for extensive and sustainable economic integration. He said: “We need appropriate policies and solutions to make geographical indications an effective tool to boost the production and commercialization of products. We also need breakthroughs in methodology when it comes to policy and reality. The results of the project will fine-tune institutions and increase the role of geographical indications in the market, contributing to economic cooperation between Vietnam and EU countries, including France.”