One truly loyal Fallout 4 player throws the modding community a bone, by offering up a texture pack that was created to add their real life pet pup into the game.
With the inspiration behind Dogmeat in Fallout 4 being based on a Bethesda developer’s own German Shepherd, for the sake of added realism, one fan decided to go the extra mile and mod his own mutt into the title. Modder 7iger has not only posted photos online of the admittedly adorable animal in-game and from real life, but the modder has also provided other Fallout 4 fans with the opportunity to put their own pets in the game with a free texture pack.
For those looking to give the post-apocalyptic Boston setting an extra dose of canine cuteness, the mod is available for download on NexusMods. Regarding its creation and the pictures below, 7iger has said:
“I created this texture using photos of my pup, ‘Pirate.’ He’s a kelpie x blue cattle dog and a lovable mutt. After posting [about it] to reddit, some users actually wanted to use my crappy re-texture so here it is.”
With it still being relatively early for Fallout 4 mods, 7iger wasn’t able to exactly nail every nuance of Pirate, but even so, this ought to delight dog lovers and owners to no end, as they will now be able to roam the Wasteland with a simulacrum of their true-to-life pooches. Plus, since Dogmeat can’t die as a companion, the mod will make for an extremely enjoyable experience, as one’s pet can now continue protecting its master indefinitely and roam freely forever, as it will be impervious to the indifferent hands of death in the virtual realm.
As previously mentioned, even though Fallout 4 has only been out less than a week, this isn’t the fist mod to go live. In fact, just yesterday we reported on an in-game alteration that turned protagonists into the professional baseball player affectionately known as Big Papi with a Boston Red Sox David Ortiz mod. Unfortunately, the inclusion of the licensed sports iconography ruffled the rather delicate feathers of MLB copyright holders, which later led to the mod’s creator taking it down.
Nevertheless, with Fallout 4‘s first graphics mod releasing a little over a day after the action-RPG dropped, fans should expect to see plenty more posted soon. And with Bethesda promising would-be developers the official Creation Kit mod tools’ release date as being early 2016, the Commonwealth is sure to become even more interesting next year.
What do you think about the Cattledog x Dogmeat Retexture mod for Fallout 4? Do you have a pup of your own that you might upload into the game? If so, feel free to share a picture or a story of your happy-hearted hounds in the comments below.
Fallout 4 is out now and available to play on PC, PlayStation 4, and Xbox One.
- Fallout 4 console commands and cheats: god mode, freecam and more
- Bethesda Acknowledges That Taking Fallout Online Is "Scary"
- Fallout: New Vegas First Look
- The 500 best games of all time: 500-401
- The best PS4 games in 2018: every must-play on Sony’s flagship console
- The life of a Grand Theft Auto role-player
- The best PC games around – essential pick-ups from every genre
- The best PS4 games in 2019: every must-play on Sony’s flagship console
- Why are video games better at recognising the dangers of climate change than politicians?
- Fallout 4 never leaves the player alone, and that's a problem
- Fallout 4 settlements: the biggest and best
- Why do we always play as good guys? The psychology behind moral choices in games
- The 50 best FPS games ever
- The big games of E3 2015
- Bethesda don't seem to know what Fallout 4 is anymore
- Wot I Think: Metro Exodus
- Crafting Mechanics Are Unfit For Purpose
- The Brilliant Bounty Of The Supporter Program
- Now That’s What I Call A Best 2008 Ever! October
- A Day With Wasteland 2
Fallout 4 Player Mods Real Life Dog Into Game have 640 words, post on gamerant.com at November 14, 2015. This is cached page on Talk Vietnam. If you want remove this page, please contact us.