People should quit underestimating Donald Trump, because the real estate mogul might just be able to snatch up the Republican presidential nomination, says former Vice President Dan Quayle.
“I think people are going to have to take him a lot more seriously than they have in the past,” Quayle told Neil Cavuto in an interview Wednesday.
He pointed out that not only does Trump have the lead in most polls, but also most people didn’t believe he would even run a short while ago.
“He’s in,” said Quayle. “And he’s going to be around for a long time.”
“I think he possibly could win the nomination,” he added.
But it won’t be easy for Trump to pull off, said Quayle, predicting that the billionaire would likely “be challenged” by an establishment favorite.
The challenger for the nomination would then come down to three candidates, said the former vice president: former Florida Gov. Jeb Bush, Florida Sen. Marco Rubio and Texas Sen. Ted Cruz.
“I would think one of those three would be the contender along with Donald Trump,” Quayle said.
Watch Quayle’s interview in the clips above and below.
- GOP members hesitant to back Trump in 2020
- Chaos in West Virginia: Convict Blankenship Surges on Eve of GOP Primary with Anti-McConnell Message
- Boston Globe Trump front page: The GOP must stop Trump
- Trump wades into nasty Senate primary
- GOP delegates gather for party's Massachusetts convention
- A DACA win but still need for legislation
- Feinstein on Trump’s CIA pick: ‘Not sure this is the right thing to do’
- Trump assails Comey in tweetstorm, suggests ex-FBI director deserves 'jail'
- Google searches for ‘Move to Canada’ spiked after Donald Trump won Super Tuesday
- Leslie Marshall: Hey, Democrats, want to beat Trump? Here are my top 10 tips for the next debate
- Donald Trump stole Ted Cruz's dignity — but some Republicans have held on to theirs
- Trump’s Man on Campus
- Not the Rominee: Mitt Romney 2nd at Utah GOP Convention, Must Face Senate Primary
- CNN’s John King: GOP Estab Will Only Vote for Amnesty if They Think Breitbart Taking Nap, Won’t Notice
- Speaker Ryan Splits From President Trump Over Amnesty
- GOP Leaders Meet With Trump Today on Immigration, Wages
- Schweizer: Media and GOP Refuse to Investigate McConnell and Chao Family Ties to China
- Lou Barletta Wins PA GOP Primary for Senate
- Democrats in GOP country embrace gun controls
- Mike Braun Wins Indiana Senate GOP Primary
Dan Quayle Explains Why Trump Could Win GOP Nomination have 448 words, post on insider.foxnews.com at November 18, 2015. This is cached page on Talk Vietnam. If you want remove this page, please contact us.