CHAPEL HILL, N.C. (AP) North Carolina spent Friday honoring late ESPN broadcaster and alumnus Stuart Scott.The school inducted Scott into the North Carolina Journalism Hall of Fame, based in the UNC School of Media and Journalism.The school later honored Scott during Friday night’s annual ”Late Night with Roy” event, which is the ceremonial start to the basketball season. Scott first hosted the event in 2001 and did so 10 times.Scott’s daughters, Taelor and Sydni, appeared at midcourt and received framed photos of Scott’s time as host from Tar Heels coach Roy Williams.UNC also honored Scott with a ”Tar Heel Trailblazer” award, which the school says honors those who ”paved the way for success in all aspects of the student-athlete experience.”Scott died in January after a lengthy fight against cancer.
- Metal Stars Honor Late Slayer Guitarist With 'Moment of Noise'
- ‘Bigz,’ Longtime Breitbart News Friend, Honors Late Wife with D.C.-to-NYC ‘African Walk for Cancer’
- Honor V20 first look, a sleek OnePlus 6T competitor
- Protesters Destroy ‘Silent Sam’ Confederate Monument on UNC Campus
- 'SportsCenter Minute' on ESPN site
- ESPN moves three to Los Angeles
- UNC Wilmington Professor Mike Adams Defends Campus Free Speech, Due Process During Congressional Hearing
- UNC Asheville Hosts Farrakhan-Tied Women’s March Leader for MLK Day Speech
- ESPN’s Law: Missions’ Tatis No. 1 prospect in baseball
- Former ESPN Host Jemele Hill Honored for Tackling Homophobia in Sports
UNC honors late ESPN sportscaster, alumnus Stuart Scott have 250 words, post on www.foxsports.com at October 23, 2015. This is cached page on Talk Vietnam. If you want remove this page, please contact us.