CHAPEL HILL, N.C. (AP) North Carolina spent Friday honoring late ESPN broadcaster and alumnus Stuart Scott.The school inducted Scott into the North Carolina Journalism Hall of Fame, based in the UNC School of Media and Journalism.The school later honored Scott during Friday night’s annual ”Late Night with Roy” event, which is the ceremonial start to the basketball season. Scott first hosted the event in 2001 and did so 10 times.Scott’s daughters, Taelor and Sydni, appeared at midcourt and received framed photos of Scott’s time as host from Tar Heels coach Roy Williams.UNC also honored Scott with a ”Tar Heel Trailblazer” award, which the school says honors those who ”paved the way for success in all aspects of the student-athlete experience.”Scott died in January after a lengthy fight against cancer.
- ESPN’s Loss is 3-D TV’s Gain
- Cutting cable? Here’s when ESPN+ will solve your lack of streaming sports
- 2 top aides to embattled EPA chief Scott Pruitt have resigned amid ethics investigations
- A’s pitching coach Scott Emerson on Kendall Graveman’s struggles
- ESPN: Cowboys’ Witten Retiring After 15 Seasons for ‘MNF’
- NASA Honors Legacy of Stephen Hawking
- Astronaut Scott Kelly and His Twin Brother Are Still Identical, NASA Says
- Honor 5X versus Honor 7
- Scott Pruitt asked to use sirens in D.C. traffic and was told no for non-emergency
- Ridley Scott Knew There Was Flowing Water on Mars Before the Rest of Us
UNC honors late ESPN sportscaster, alumnus Stuart Scott have 255 words, post on www.foxsports.com at October 23, 2015. This is cached page on Talk Vietnam. If you want remove this page, please contact us.