When you hear those two words coming from the Miami Heat, it’s not about the raucous crowd inside the AmericanAirlines Arena, but rather, a way for the organization to pay tribute to the men and women of the United States Armed Forces.
This offseason, in the spirit of the Home Strong program the organization established in 2006, the Heat created brand new military-style uniforms to be worn during three home games the week of Veteran’s Day. But, adding plain camouflage to the Heat uniform wouldn’t do. Miami requested and was granted permission to utilize their own in-house artists to create a uniform that truly embodied the ideals of the Home Strong program.
The uniforms reflect the pride and admiration the organization has for the Armed Forces and will be worn Nov. 8 (vs. Toronto Raptors), Nov. 10 (vs. Los Angeles Lakers) and Nov. 12 (vs. Utah Jazz). Proceeds from the sales of the jerseys will go to Fisher House Foundation, a national organization providing free lodging to military and veteran families while loved ones receive treatment in nearby hospitals.
Exclusive behind the scenes photos courtesy Miami Heat:
Home Strong is an ongoing program that salutes and honors the courageous men and women in uniform for their dedication to the United States Armed Forces. Pat Riley and the Heat created this initiative as a means of demonstrating support and paying tribute to soldiers and veterans. The program is currently working and planning to further assist with the unmet needs of military personnel and their families who have returned back from Iraq and Afghanistan and reside in the South Florida area. Since the creation of the Home Strong initiative, the Heat have made tremendous strides to show appreciation to the veterans and soldiers including honoring military veterans and their families in pregame festivities for 369 consecutive home games.
- Jimmy Butler Was Made for Miami
- Should the U.S. Bring Back the Military Draft?
- Obama Visits Air Base to Honor Returning Dead
- Honor and aid our U.S. military members for all they do for us
- Minnesota Service Members Feel The Love On State Fair’s Military Appreciation Day
- The £150,000 plumbers: Pimlico Plumbers goes on hiring spree after post-lockdown boom in home improvements
- America’s Military Is Too Big for America’s Good
- Miami Region Delegates Attend FIDF National Gala In NYC
- Nebraska Releases Chilling Video Honoring The Military And First Responders, Cornhuskers Will Wear Special Uniforms On 9/11
- Remains of lost World War II fighter pilot come home to the Bay Area, 78 years after he disappeared
- Pinkerton: How Warriors Keep Their Honor Clean Even in Defeat
- As Confederate statues come down, West Point honors Buffalo Soldiers
- Navy Football Reveals Special Uniforms For Game On Sept. 11
- Meet The Hero U.S. Military Members Killed In Kabul Airport Attack, Most Too Young To Remember 9/11
- James Fallows Responds to Sebastian Junger on the 'Tragedy of the American Military'
- Israeli search team heads home weeks after condo collapse
- Miami Area Weekday Events: Check Out What's Happening
- Grief comes home to US towns week after Afghanistan war ends
- Medal of Honor Recipient Littrell: Afghanistan fiasco – don't punish service members for a leadership failure
- Rockets fired at Kabul airport amid U.S. withdrawal hit homes
Miami Heat unveil ‘Home Strong’ uniforms honoring military have 521 words, post on www.foxsports.com at October 26, 2015. This is cached page on Talk Vietnam. If you want remove this page, please contact us.