(STATS) – Eastern Kentucky University football player Joseph “Joey” A. Kraemer died in a single vehicle accident Sunday in Richmond, Kentucky.
Kraemer, a 19-year-old redshirt freshman from Kettering, Ohio, was pronounced dead Sunday by the Madison County Coroner, the Ohio Valley Conference university said Monday. Police reported Kraemer’s car ran off the road.
The defensive lineman had yet to appear in a game this season after transferring to Eastern Kentucky from UTEP in August.
“The news that we lost one of our own is devastating to me, our team and our coaches,” head coach Dean Hood said. “We pray that God will give strength to Joey’s family during their time of mourning. Joey will truly be missed by all of us he touched, not only because of what he accomplished on the football field, but because of who he was as a person and the impact he made on our lives.”
Funeral arrangements were still pending at the time of Eastern Kentucky’s announcement.
The Colonels (2-1), ranked 17th in the FCS, next play at the University of Kentucky on Saturday.
- Dozens killed as speeding train hits crowd watching fireworks in India
- 2 Simon Sanchez High School students killed in Yona crash
- Death on the road: Traffic accidents kill more than malaria, HIV and TB
- 1 killed, multiple injured in shooting at grocery store near Louisville, Kentucky
- Pedestrians Enriena Esefang and Paterson Gallen, killed Saturday, mourned
- America savaged by twin terrors as raging California wildfires leave 63 dead and snowstorms kill eight on the East Coast
- Nathan Figir remembered as avid basketball player
- Coal mine accident kills 2, traps 20 in eastern China
- Man killed in early morning Tamuning crash
- Sidecar champ killed in crash
- Man killed in Yigo crash identified as Nathan Figir
- At least 58 killed after train runs over crowd in India
- Volleyball: Eastern still impressed despite season ending loss
- Artificial intelligence may destroy humanity by accident (but it won’t apologize)
- Auto immune disease proves no obstacle for Cambridge hockey star
- Man killed in two-car collision in eastern El Paso County
- Teens killed in weekend crash were SSHS students
- From Munich to the Andes, air accidents in sport
- Farmer who was almost killed by his own tractor sells entire vintage collection for £100,000
- Woman bleeds to death after being attacked by monkeys days after raging apes snatched and killed baby in same city
Eastern Kentucky player killed in auto accident have 376 words, post on www.foxsports.com at September 28, 2015. This is cached page on Talk Vietnam. If you want remove this page, please contact us.