Two militants linked to Tehreek-i- Taliban Pakistan (TTP) have been arrested here for .
“facilitating” a suicide bomber, who blew himself up at the Wagah border minutes after the popular flag-lowering ceremony last year, killing 63 people.
Ehsanullah and Saeed Jan alias Gajni were apprehended by law enforcement agencies from Badami Bagh area near Minar-i-Pakistan on Thursday.
A hand grenade, explosive material and weapons have been recovered from them.
Crime Investigation Agency chief Umer Virk said both TTP men were involved in facilitating the suicide bomber who blew himself up at Wagah Border on November, 2, 2014, killing 63 people, including women and children.
The suicide attacker detonated a powerful bomb minutes after the popular flag-lowering ceremony.
Mr. Virk said the terrorists have been shifted to undisclosed location for interrogation.
The suicide bomber was identified as Hafiz Hanifullah (23), of Mohmand village in Bajaur Agency, the tribal belt of the Khyber Pakhtunkhwa province.
Police said Hanifullah stayed in a mosque at Indo-Pak border area for 10 days before the attack.
At least three militant factions had claimed responsibility for the grizzly bombing.
Al-Qaeda affiliated militant group Jandullah, a splinter group of the Tehreek-i-Taliban Pakistan (TTP), was first to claim responsibility of the attack.
Later, another militant group, Jamaat-ul-Ahrar, said its bomber Hafiz Hanifullah carried out the attack.
- Who Is Tyerell Przybycien? Teen Accused of Encouraging Girl's Suicide Compared to Michelle Carter
- Pak expels Indian envoy; suspends bilateral trade
- Arrested J&K cop says was working on plan to eliminate terrorists: No evidence say officials
- Army jawan commits suicide with his service rifle in J&K
- JeM module in J&K was planning suicide attack: Sources
- No MHA medal for top cop Davinder Singh arrested in J&K
- Cameroon Villagers Arrest Suspected Separatists
- India asks Pak to return its rake used in Samjhauta Express
- 2 Pak nationals who crossed over to India in 2018 sent back home
- Jeffrey Epstein taken off suicide watch before death, AP reports
- Kerala teacher suspended for allegedly asking students to go to Pak if unwilling to accept CAA
- Suspected Pakistani Intelligence Agent Arrested in India’s Northern Uttar Pradesh
- Ariel Sharon obituary
- Lahore bombing is faction's boldest bid to stake claim as Pakistan's most violent terrorists
- Ceremonies held to mark anniversary of Brussels terror attacks
- Trump under fire over revelation of cancelled US-Taliban peace talks
- One murder every hour: how El Salvador became the homicide capital of the world
- Interpol to Deploy Special Team to Sri Lanka to Probe Recent Deadly Bombings
- Probe J&K police officer Davinder Singh’s links, Congress tells govt.
- Daesh Propaganda Hints at Threats to UK, Germany, France During Christmas
Two arrested in Pak for facilitating Wagah suicide bomber have 413 words, post on www.thehindu.com at July 10, 2015. This is cached page on Talk Vietnam. If you want remove this page, please contact us.