By Jason Rowan
The Zac Brown Band performed in concert at Summerfest in Milwaukee, Wisc., on Sunday and Houston Texans star — and Wisconsin native — J.J. Watt was not only at the concert but apparently was among the security staff charged with protecting the musicians.
In an incident that obviously was staged — or at least sure seems like it — Watt comes storming from backstage and completely levels a fan who sneaked up on stage. No word if Watt also assumed the role of pseudo-roadie for the band as well.
Shocking brutality. You know, if it were a real. The lack of authenticity, though, doesn’t really take away from the entertainment value of the video. At the same time, staged or not, being tackled by J.J. Watt with such ferocity can’t feel great, so kudos to this arguably witting participant in the ruse for taking one for the team … or in this case, playing the role of pummeled victim solely for the amusement of a bunch of concertgoers.
Watt and the musicians struck up a friendship a few months back when they hung out at the DirecTV Super Fan Fest at Super Bowl XLIX.
More from Sportress of Blogitude:
- Buck Showalter gnome gets pied on souvenir’s giveaway night (pics/vid)
- Jordan Spieth, girlfriend head to Bahamas to celebrate U.S. Open win (pic)
- Robinson Cano dons catcher’s mask after getting hit by ball in dugout (vid)
- Lakeview Amp traffic chaos nearly ruins solid Dave Matthews Band concert (review)
- Dave Matthews Band fans furious over shuttle, traffic issues at Lakeview Amp concert
- Our guide to 30th annual Clifford Brown Jazz Festival, which starts June 17
- How old is Rita Ora, who is her boyfriend Andrew Watt and what was her Fifty Shades Freed duet with Liam Payne?
- Video: Tito Jackson talks about his dad at Albany concert
- Amy Helm, Lee Greenwood, and Gordon Lightfoot: Acts to see this week (June 17 to 23)
J.J. Watt ‘tackles’ stage crasher at Zac Brown Band show have 341 words, post on www.foxsports.com at June 29, 2015. This is cached page on Talk Vietnam. If you want remove this page, please contact us.