Philip Lutzenkirchen may be gone but the Auburn Tiger football family certainly won’t ever forget him. Most known for his game-winning touchdown in the 2010 Iron Bowl that catapulted the Tigers to the BCS National Title that same season.
Now Lutzenkirchen will also be cemented in the history of his high school team, as Lassiter High School in Marietta, Georgia has installed new field turf and named it after their former star player, according to AL.com.
The complete project of installing the new field turf will cost $332,421.68 and was fully funded by the Lutzie 43 Foundation, named after Lutzenkirchen.
Lutzenkirchen was killed in a single-vehicle accident outside of LaGrange, Georgia on June 29, 2014 shortly following the end of his career at Auburn.
“Philip made a major mistake his last day on Earth,” Mike Lutzenkirchen, Philip’s father, said in a news release in February. “However, there is a bigger meaning beyond his tragic death, a lesson that resonates with his life and legacy.”
- Bitter feud over Ralph Hotere's legacy
- Breaux Bridge preview: Tigers starting over after heavy losses offensively
- Newsmaker: As YRF turns 50, Aditya Chopra looks to further a unique legacy
- Robert Redford's auto-immune disease sufferer son dies of liver cancer at the age of 58 after two liver transplants and following his 84-year-old father into movie industry
- Trailers of the Week: ‘Assassins,’ ‘Fresh Prince,’ ‘Wild Mountain Thyme,’ and More
- Colorado prep football: 60 impact players staying or going in 2020
- Kiwi writers honoured with Prime Minister's Awards for Literary Achievement
- Giving voice to musicians who were silenced during the Holocaust
- Community Foundation of Acadiana prepares for 2021 South Louisiana Giving Day as it marks 20 years of helping the region
- Sundance 2019: Alfre Woodard, Alec Baldwin + Making Of ‘Alien’, Satanists & Roy Cohn Docus Among U.S., World Cinema, NEXT, Midnight & Kids Slates
- Forty years on after Seve Ballesteros' magnificent Masters triumph
- Body of evidence: The art of Sajan Mani
- VIETNAM NEWS NOVEMBER 14 (updated hourly)
- Ecologically and culturally rich deserts, swamps and grasslands must not be labelled ‘wastelands’
- The Best Albums of October 2020: Ariana Grande, Bruce Springsteen, and More
- Cops hunt rapper Mo3’s killer after ‘brazen’ gunman’s broad daylight assault on Dallas highway
- Under pressure: why athletes choke
Former Tiger TE Lutzenkirchen’s legacy lives on have 354 words, post on www.foxsports.com at June 26, 2015. This is cached page on Talk Vietnam. If you want remove this page, please contact us.