Participants,including representatives of 13 subcommittees of the National Committeeresponsible for the preparation, reviewed the progress made so far andoutlined the work that still needs to be done.
During the meeting, Sisoulith, who is also Standing Vice Chairman of theNational Committee, urged the subcommittees to devise detailed plans tosubmit to his working group.
At the 26th ASEANSummit in Malaysia on April 27, Lao Prime Minister ThongsingThammavong proposed that Laos will host two ASEAN Summits back toback in November next year. His proposal was supported by leaders ofother ASEAN member states.
Laos first chaired ASEANin 2004. Its second ASEAN chairmanship will take place shortly after thebloc forms the ASEAN Economic Community at the end of this year.-VNA
- Social affairs – a focus of Vietnam’s ASEAN Chairmanship Year 2020
- Vietnam to promote ASEAN unity during ASEAN Chairmanship Year 2020
- Vietnam assumes ASEAN Chair
- Priorities of ASEAN socio-cultural community in 2020 discussed
- Vietnam gets ready to chair ASEAN
- Vietnam, Laos seek to boost trade by 10-15 percent
Laos reviews preparation for 2016 ASEAN chairmanship have 156 words, post on en.vietnamplus.vn at May 5, 2015. This is cached page on Talk Vietnam. If you want remove this page, please contact us.