Scooby-Doo and friends are taking a trip to Detroit Rock City this summer as creators of the animated series have enlisted Kiss for a new feature.
Scooby-Doo! And Kiss: Rock and Roll Mystery is an upcoming summer full-length film that sees the Kiss gang get animated and call up Scooby-Doo, Daphne, Velma, Shaggy and Fred of Mystery Inc. to solve the mystery of the Crimson Witch. The witch is disrupting a Halloween concert at the amusement KISS World and is setting out to destroy the planet by summoning the Destroyer.
Rock and Roll Mystery will be available for download on July 10th and sold on Blu-ray and DVD July 21st. Alongside the band, the film will also feature a number of guest voices, including Kevin Smith, Jason Mewes, Darius Rucker, Garry Marshall and Penny Marshall. In addition to six classic Kiss tracks, the movie will feature a new, original song from the band.
The Scooby-Doo franchise is not the only film venture in the works for members of the band. Gene Simmons recently announced that he would be teaming up with WWE Studios to form Erebus Pictures and produce “elevated horror films.” Temple, the studio’s first film, will go into production this summer.
Earlier this month, Kiss began the international leg of their 40th anniversary tour, which hit stops across North America last year. The band has dates scheduled through October and will hit Europe and Australia along the way.
- Here's what to watch this Halloween on Netflix
- Patty Schemel — drummer of Hole — is coming to the Valley, thanks to Women Of Rock Oral History Project and Amherst Cinema
- Interview: Ace Frehley On New Solo Album, Possible KISS Reunion
- History buff hosts haunted tour in North Little Rock's Argenta area
- From Kiss to soda pop: A day with serial entrepreneur Gene Simmons
- How Terrifying Is The New 'Suspiria,' Really?
- Anna Kendrick Talks Kissing Blake Lively, Her Sexuality: 'It Was A Fun Day'
- Gene Simmons coming to CNY store to promote new gourmet soda line
- MTV is bringing back 'The Real World' for Facebook Watch, and will let the audience vote on the direction of the show
- Aretha Franklin funeral: Watch how Detroit said goodbye to our Queen
- The Velvet Underground Through the Lens of ‘60s New York
- Whiz Kids 2017: Meet our talented standouts
- Rock icon Joan Jett to fellow badass women: ‘Stick to your guns’
- Stunning photos reveal the galaxy from Joshua Tree and a journalist’s new passion for photography
- Ranked: The 50 Best Scary Movies to Watch This Halloween
- Cleveland's Kids Film It Fest returns to put youth filmmaking in the spotlight
- The Banksy Diaries: Relive All 31 Days of His New York Takeover
- Barry Jenkins’s Films of Love, Pain and Black Male Vulnerability
- Rock ‘n’ roll meets ska at Sammy Hagar’s High Tide Beach Party, Oct. 6 in Huntington Beach
- What I’m Watching: the latest installment of the ‘Halloween’ series
Watch Kiss Meet Scooby-Doo in New Film ‘Rock and Roll Mystery’ have 468 words, post on www.rollingstone.com at April 21, 2015. This is cached page on Talk Vietnam. If you want remove this page, please contact us.