Editor’s note:Why has Vietnam performed poorly in terms of tourist arrivals during the past months? Many readers have sent their answers to Tuoi Tre News, giving explanations about the country sufferinga record fall in the number of foreign tourist visits in March. Foreigners paid 543,300 tourist visits to Vietnam last month, down 23.4 percent compared to the same period last year, the General Statistics Office said in a quarterly report, adding the country has reported slumping tourist arrival numbers for ten months in a row, and the March figure was the highest-ever recorded.While a former Vietnamese tourism chief has put the blame on the rigmarole of getting a Vietnamese visa, many readers have told Tuoi Tre News it is more than just the visa issue. They cited these factors as contributing to the declining number of visitors to Vietnam.‘We feel unsafe’ Visa complications might be an issue for the decline of tourism, but to me the main problems are as follows. First, tourists feel Vietnam is not safe. I once got my passport stolen by a thief on a motorbike along Cong Quynh off Bui Vien [in Ho Chi Minh City], while some friends of mine had their bags snatched…
- Former U.S. ambassador to Vietnam criticizes new diplomatic visa policy
- Trade group plans staffing service to fill seasonal tourism jobs
- Shortage of H2B worker visas squeezing Northeast Ohio landscapers
- H-1B: Outsourcing firm fights visa crackdown with lawsuit over Indian worker
- Orlando ranks among largest tourism markets in the world, but the city's reliance on the industry could be a problem
- Cambodian prime minister says 'let us fix our own problems'
- With outdoor recreation tourism booming, towns pick up the tab for squeezed US Forest Service
- Vietnam Veterans Memorial Fund pulls plug on building a museum on the National Mall
- Cambodia Accused Vietnam of Systematic Logging Fraud
- Navy veterans who say they were exposed to Agent Orange in Vietnam ask VA for benefits
Vietnam’s problem with tourism: It isn’t all about visa hassle have 341 words, post on at April 21, 2015. This is cached page on Talk Vietnam. If you want remove this page, please contact us.