- Last inspection of parade teams in national reunification anniversary
- National reunification day marked nationwide
- War veterans gather in on upcoming national reunification anniversary
- April 27-May 3: Reunification Day celebrated nationwide
- Various activities held for national reunification anniversary
PANO – Army units and agencies across the country have organized programs in celebration of the 40th South Liberation and National Reunification annivery (April 30th 1975-2015).
* Addressing a meeting in Hau Giang province on April 29th, Prime Minister Nguyen Tan Dung highly valued the achievements of the people and authorities of the province in the national anti-American war as well as in the “doi moi” (renewal) process.
The PM urged them to focus on boosting the socio-economy, building infrastructure, attracting more investment and promoting the product quality for people.
* The traditional liaison board of Regiment 66 (Division 304, Army Corps 2) held a get-together for their war veterans. In the historic Ho Chi Minh campaign, the unit’s troops were assigned to attack the Independence Palace (now Reunification Palace) and arrested the cabinet of the Saigon puppet government and its President Duong Van Minh.
* Veterans in Hai Duong province have gathered to reminisce about the nation’s fierce but glorious times fighting for national independence and freedom.
* The Youth Union Committee of the Ministry of Public Security and the People’s Police University in Ho Chi Minh City co-organized an artistic exchange with the participation of witnesses who had joined battles to liberate Saigon (now Ho Chi Minh City) and reunify the country.
* Tra Vinh and Dong Nai provinces held conferences and social activities to raise public awareness of the revolutionary tradition and responsibility for the protection of national sovereignty on the same celebration.
Translated by Van Hieu