Although Vietnam’s cumulative outward FDI is still small compared to many countries around the globe, it is growing at a faster rate than most countries, particularly those in the Southeast Asian region.
It is being sent to all parts of the globe. The top five countries in recent years have been Cambodia with 23 projects, Myanmar at 16, Laos at 13, the US at 12 and Singapore at 9.
In total Vietnam businesses have invested in a grand total of 109 projects in 28 nations, the FIA said, adding that in 2014 alone they committed to an additional US$1.047 billion in 109 projects and disbursed roughly the same amount.
As of the end of 2014 Vietnamese investors had disbursed total outward FDI of US$6 billion, which equates to 30.0% of the total of pledged outward FDI of US$20.00 billion.
In Cambodia and Myanmar investments were especially heavy in telecommunications, agriculture and forestry. The projects in other countries were primarily focused on the investors’ core business and included construction, transportation, real estate and manufacturing.
Leading the pact of Vietnamese investors were the Vietnam Oil and Gas Group, Song Da Corporation, Vietnam Rubber Group, Vietnam National Coal Mineral Industries Group and Viettel.
For 2015, the FIA has forecast outward FDI will grow to US$1.5-2 billion for which it estimates about US$1-1.2 billion will be disbursed.
- Economic think tanks praise Vietnam’s responsive tactics
- Vietnam to see new FDI trend in real estate
- Learning lessons for Vietnam's future prosperity
- BUSINESS NEWS HEADLINES JAN. 25
- BUSINESS NEWS HEADLINES JAN. 31
- BUSINESS NEWS HEADLINES FEB. 1
- Country's biggest provider of fruit seedlings improves quality
- Hurricane Dorian Lashes Northern Bahamas
- Marxism Today: the forgotten visionaries whose ideas could save Labour
- Everything You Need to Know About Buying a Winter Coat
- Comment: Jury still out on Ash Barty’s Grand Slam credentials
- Coronavirus death toll rises to 56, five US cases confirmed: Everything we know
- Coronavirus death toll jumps to 80, five US cases confirmed: Everything we know
- Coronavirus death toll jumps above 80, five US cases confirmed: Everything we know
- Coronavirus cases approach 3,000, death toll jumps above 80: Everything we know
- Coronavirus deaths pass 100, first case in Germany: Everything we know
- Coronavirus deaths hit 107, first case in Germany: Everything we know
- Coronavirus deaths climb over 100, Hong Kong limits travel: Everything we know
- Coronavirus death toll climbs, Chinese cases approach 6,000: Everything we know
- Coronavirus cases spike to over 7,700, death toll rises: Everything we know
Vietnam’s outward FDI: Is the tide turning? have 377 words, post on english.vov.vn at January 14, 2017. This is cached page on Talk Vietnam. If you want remove this page, please contact us.