LOS ANGELES (AP) Authorities on Wednesday released a 911 call about a deadly accident involving Olympic gold medalist Bruce Jenner but it shed no light on what caused the four-car pileup in Malibu.
In a brief recording released by the Los Angeles County Sheriff’s Department, a woman who reported the crash Saturday on the Pacific Coast Highway said she had just driven past the accident.
”Are there any injuries?” an emergency dispatcher asks.
”I’m going to say yes, it looks pretty bad,” the woman says.
She indicates that a baby was among passengers at the scene and adds: ”One car is destroyed.”
Jenner was driving a black Cadillac Escalade when he rear-ended a Lexus sedan that investigators say had already hit a Toyota Prius.
Robert Simon, an attorney for the Prius driver, said that Jenner’s SUV also struck the Prius, which had stopped in traffic.
Simon also told the Los Angeles Times (http://lat.ms/1Mey1oc ) that his client, Jessica Steindorff, 29, did not realize she was driving with a suspended license. Records indicate it was suspended in 2013. Simon said it was suspended without her knowledge after she failed to appear in court for a speeding ticket.
After it was hit by Jenner’s Cadillac, the Lexus veered into oncoming traffic and collided head-on with a black Hummer. The driver of the Lexus – Kim Howe, 69, of Calabasas – died at the scene.
California Department of Motor Vehicle records showed Howe’s license had expired in 2007.
Investigators have sought the cellphone records of the drivers involved to determine whether they might have been distracted.
A publicist, Alan Nierob, has said that Jenner wasn’t texting while driving and will provide his cellphone records.
Jenner passed a field sobriety test and voluntarily submitted a blood sample to determine whether he was intoxicated.
Asked Monday about the testing, Nierob said Jenner has not received any indication from authorities that they have found evidence of intoxication.
Jenner won a gold medal in the men’s decathlon at the 1976 Summer Games, but he is known to a younger generation as Kim Kardashian’s stepfather.
- Australian Justine Damond Made Two 911 Calls Over Feared Rape Before Police Arrived and Shot Her
- First 911 calls of Kobe Bryant helicopter crash released
- Ma’Khia Bryant shooting in Ohio: What triggered 911 call
- Alcohol-related traffic accidents drop after China criminalizes drunk driving
- Alcohol-related traffic accidents drop after China criminalise drunk driving
- NYC Asian woman's broad-daylight attack: 'No 911 calls' made despite onlookers present, police say
- North Carolina sheriff releases 911 call in alleged road rage shooting
- Virginia Man Shot 10 Times by Police After Officers Gave Him Ride Home, Then Returned for 911 Call
- Will Caitlyn Jenner School Republicans on Trans Rights?
- 2003 court recording reveals details of Bruce McArthur assault case
- Tiger Woods Issues Statement On Accident Investigation, Thanks First Responders, Does Not Mention Speeding Allegation — Updated
- Caitlyn Jenner: Robert Kardashian Believed O.J. Simpson Guilty of Murder
- Inside the high-stakes world of designing for 911 operators
- Caitlyn Jenner Says She Was Wrong About Donald Trump’s LGBQT Stance
- Calls to review practice of transporting workers in lorries after 2 accidents
- Did Caitlyn Jenner accidentally kill someone?
- Kris Jenner is 'really happy' her daughter Khloé and Tristan Thompson are planning on having a sibling for True
- Why Kylie Jenner thinks the criticism over her support of a GoFundMe campaign isn't fair
- Kylie Jenner breaks silence after GoFundMe criticism
- Kylie Jenner's Past Charitable Donations Amid GoFundMe Controversy
911 calls in Bruce Jenner traffic accident released have 552 words, post on www.foxsports.com at February 11, 2015. This is cached page on Talk Vietnam. If you want remove this page, please contact us.