The Hanoitimes – Expanding the list of participants, amending provisions on conditions to enjoy unemployment allowance and on the level of such allowance, etc., are some of the significant adjustments on the policy of unemployment insurance stipulated in Law on Employment (2013), which will be brought into effect from January 1, 2015.
Benefits of unemployment insurance
Apart from the benefits when participating in unemployment insurance according to current provisions such as unemployment allowance, vocational training support and job search assistance, Law on Employment has been amended with the regime of support for training, retraining, improving qualifications of occupational skills to maintenance employment for workers.
According to new regulations, the monthly wage, based on which unemployment insurance premiums are calculated, is the wage on which compulsory social insurance premiums are based under the Law on Social Insurance. In the event where the monthly wage, on which unemployment insurance premiums are based, is higher than the 20 months’ regional minimum wage, the 20 months’ regional minimum wage will be applied in accordance with the provisions at the time of payment of unemployment insurance premiums, unlike current provisions which base on the common minimum wage.
Level and duration of unemployment allowance
1. Based on new regulations, while monthly unemployment allowance level of the employee equals 60% of the average monthly wage of 6 consecutive months before the worker becomes unemployed but “must not exceed 5 times the region-based minimum wage level in accordance with the provisions at the time of termination of the labor contract“, current provisions do not regulate about the limit of maximum level.
2. The duration of unemployment allowance entitlement is based on the number of months of payment of unemployment insurance premiums. Accordingly, this duration is 3 months if the period of payment of unemployment insurance premiums is between full 12 months and full 36 months, which is added with 1 month for each additional period of payment of full 12 months, but must not exceed 12 months.
Termination of unemployment allowance
Basically, the cases of termination of unemployment allowance under the Law on Employment inherit from the current provisions of Law on Social Insurance and supplemented with the following cases: the employee performs public security service obligation; goes abroad under a labor contract; attends a training course of full 12 months or longer; is administratively sanctioned for violations of the law on unemployment insurance; is declared by a court as missing; is kept in temporary detention. Workers, who stop receiving unemployment allowance in cases such as finding a new job or performing military obligation, may have the period of payment of unemployment insurance premiums reserved for calculating the subsequent duration of receipt of unemployment allowance when they fully satisfy certain conditions. While under the current regulations, the employee will be entitled to onetime payment of the remaining value of unemployment allowance.
By Tuan Minh
- Prudential Vietnam launches new universal life insurance products
- Prudential Vietnam launches 2 new universal life insurance products
- Indonesia introduces new rules to curb illegal smartphone imports
- VIETNAM POLITICAL NEWS HEADLINES OCTOBER 18
- Group insurance segment sees action with Hanwha Life entry
- Aviva Vietnam announces new appointed actuary
- VIETNAM BUSINESS NEWS HEADLINES OCTOBER 22
- Amended laws need to guarantee foreign investor rights in Vietnam
- Cross-ownership in Vietnam's banking system almost resolved
- Nearly 4,000 plastic waste containers clogged in Vietnam's ports
- Financing for BOT projects in Vietnam on ice
- Hong Kong’s Insurance Authority issues first virtual insurance license
- VIETNAM NEWS HEADLINES OCTOBER 28
- Vietnam implementing de-dollarization policy
- Vietnam provides favourable conditions for Japanese businesses: Deputy PM
- One Year of NFRA: Auditing the Super Audit Regulator!
- VIETNAM BUSINESS NEWS HEADLINES OCTOBER 26
- VIETNAM BUSINESS NEWS HEADLINES OCTOBER 24
- VIETNAM NEWS HEADLINES OCTOBER 24
- VIETNAM BUSINESS NEWS HEADLINES OCTOBER 28
Vietnam’s new regulations on unemployment insurance have 586 words, post on at January 8, 2015. This is cached page on Talk Vietnam. If you want remove this page, please contact us.