“It’s too bad she won’t live…but then again who does?”
With those words in 1982’s “Blade Runner”, Edward James Olmos earned himself a memorable place in sci-fi, cemented by his role as the commander of the critically-acclaimed “Battlestar Galactica” reboot. Now he returns to the genre with a recurring role in “Marvel’s Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D.”
“Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D.” focuses on the agency staffed by humans to deal with superhuman threats, led by Phil Coulson, who was first seen in the Iron Man and Avengers-related movies. Olmos will play Robert Gonzales, a character whose actions will have “massive repercussions” for our heroes.
‘Nuff said, true believers!
- How ‘Agents of SHIELD’ came back from the dead
- Nail Hydra with this ‘Agents of SHIELD’ Lego set
- Samsung ‘Avengers 2’ trailer is Marvel’s mightiest product placement
- Cumberbatch talks Doctor Strange and seeing Turing in Apple logos
- Marvel gives fans first look at ‘Black Panther,’ plus official movie dates
Robert Gonzales isn’t a name that appears in the comics, meaning we have few clues as to what role Olmos will play. It remains to be seen whether he’s a new creation — as Coulson was in the movies, before crossing over to the comics — or an existing character in disguise.
Olmos claims to have turned down the captain’s chair when “Star Trek: The Next Generation” was in development, professing not to be interested in sci-fi. Despite that, the actor is well known for his genre work in “Blade Runner” and the rebooted “Battlestar Galactica.” He won Golden Globe and Emmy awards during his stint on “Miami Vice” and was also nominated for a Best Actor Oscar for the 1988 teaching drama “Stand and Deliver”, losing out to Dustin Hoffman in “Rain Man”.
Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D. is currently midway through its second season and returns to our screens for another 12 episodes starting Tuesday 3 March, at 9 p.m., on ABC. It’s joined by , then on the big screen and .
In the meantime, “Agent Carter” began this week on ABC after the title character cameoed in two episodes of “Agents”. The new series follows the post-WW2 exploits of Captain America’s comrade as she works with Iron Man’s dad in the Strategic Scientific Reserve, a forerunner of S.H.I.E.L.D.
- 20 movies to be released this month
- 23 movies to be released in Vietnam this July
- Many blockbusters to be released in Vietnam in December
- World famous Vietnamese-origin actors/actresses
- 18 movies to be released in Vietnam in August
- 20 movies to be released in Vietnam in July
- Obsession with war and mental therapy Sunday Show
- 17 movies to be released in Vietnam this April
- 15 movies to be released in Vietnam in June
- Over 20 movies to be released in August
- Art & Entertainment News 8/12
- Freelancer cameraman is hard to please
- American saxophonist cheers up Saigon streets
- US saxophonist cheers up Saigon streets (video)
- Trump bodyguard to leave White House
Edward James Olmos joins 'Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D.' in mystery role have 502 words, post on www.cnet.com at January 9, 2015. This is cached page on Talk Vietnam. If you want remove this page, please contact us.