MANILA, Philippines — Manny Pacquiao is setting up a boxing institute in China and believes the country of 1.4 billion people can produce professional world champions.Pacquiao said Wednesday that he has partnered with a Chinese company and the Chinese government to set up an institute in his name, with the aim of imparting the experience that has seen him win eight world titles.He was speaking from Shanghai where he is promoting his Nov. 22 fight against Chris Algieri for a WBO welterweight title in Macau. He will be defending the welterweight crown he won in a rematch earlier last year with Timothy Bradley, avenging his 2012 loss.Pacquiao, 35, said the Manny Pacquiao Boxing Education Institute will ”start in Beijing, and the plan is for the whole of China.”While China has produced accomplished fighters and Olympic champions at amateur level, there is potential to translate that to professional ranks, saying the local boxers ”just need some knowledge about boxing and should be taught the basics.””Of course, with 1.4 billion population for the whole China, they can produce good fighters like other champions,” he said.Pacquiao, who is also a congressman, told ABS-CBN television in Manila he intends his new venture to also… Read full this story
- GM and partners help set up PACE Center at Hunan University
- Jaya Hind Industries set to enter China through its JV with Montupet
- How Patrick Mahomes & Co. help set the Chiefs up for a dynasty
- El Paso’s homer barrage helps set back Isotopes
- Manny Pacquiao is fighting again and nobody cares
- Khan could follow in Joshua's footsteps for Pacquiao/ Brook fight
- The truth about Manny Pacquiao’s knockout of Lucas Matthysse and who he should fight next
- Mayweather vs Pacquiao: One Filipino's perspective
- Floyd Mayweather interested in working with Manny Pacquiao for a fight against Mikey Garcia
- What does Manny Pacquiao signing with Al Haymon really mean?
Pacquiao to help set up boxing academy in China have 324 words, post on www.foxsports.com at August 27, 2014. This is cached page on Talk Vietnam. If you want remove this page, please contact us.