A couple of years ago our friend Matthew Inman (a.k.a. The Oatmeal), tried to help save the Nikola Tesla museum. It worked, thanks to a bit of crowdsourcing and a bit of help from Elon Musk. The Museum needed more help, so Inman turned to Musk who, once again, stepped up.
(Full disclosure here, I gave a very little bit of my own money to the campaign originally and helped connect Inman and Musk way back in the day. It is a good idea and so I supported it.)
If you saw yesterday’s The Oatmeal column about the topic, you’ll known that, while they did save the land that the great Nikola Tesla’s lab was built on, there’s way too much going on there (asbestos, permitting, et cetera) to build a museum out of the $3 or so million they raised.
Thus, they went looking for more money, and figured since Elon Musk was so generous the first time maybe he’d be generous a second time. He is apparently going to help, proving once and again that Elon Musk is cooler than you.
- Steve Wozniak: 'I don't believe anything Elon Musk or Tesla says'
- Elon Musk says Tesla's ridesharing network could be ready by 2019
- Elon Musk lashes out at media as Tesla woes continue to mount
- Tesla shares, bonds drop after CEO Elon Musk bites hand of Wall Street
- Elon Musk just bought another $10 million of Tesla stock to silence Wall Street
- Analysts Aren't Impressed With Elon Musk's Earnings Call Behavior
- What is Elon Musk’s net worth, did the Tesla founder date Amber Heard and why has he built an underground tunnel in LA?
- Grimes defends 'capitalist' boyfriend Elon Musk, says she's investigated alleged Tesla union busting
- Elon Musk's performance on Tesla's earnings call could make people afraid to buy his stock — or his cars
- Elon Musk doesn’t want anyone slowing down his plan to dig tunnels under Los Angeles
- Tesla slammed after Elon Musk spurns "not cool" questions
- Elon Musk Gets in Spitting Match With Media. It Won’t Be Our Stock That Stumbles.
- Warren Buffett responds to Elon Musk's criticism that one of his core investment principles is 'lame'
- Tesla’s Roadster’s interiors teased: Elon Musk’s new drop-top baby looks gorgeous!
- Elon Musk, Warren Buffett trade barbs; YouTuber tweaks Tesla analysts
- Elon Musk Fires All Tesla Contractors, Unless Employees Will Personally Vouch For Them
- Elon Musk Has Terrible Phone Etiquette, Hangs Up on NTSB Chief
- Elon Musk wants to rate accuracy of news stories on a site called ‘Pravda’
- Elon Musk announces reorg as Tesla engineering chief goes on leave
- Elon Musk Continues His Attack On The Media In Wake Of Model S Crash
Elon Musk To Fund Tesla Museum, Again, Remains Cooler Than You have 444 words, post on jalopnik.com at May 14, 2014. This is cached page on Talk Vietnam. If you want remove this page, please contact us.