Nhan Dan Online – Winners of the writing contest entitled ‘Memories about Dien Bien’ were named at an awards ceremony held in Hanoi on April 15. Colonel, Hero of People’s Armed Forces Dang Duc Song won the first prize for his article entitled ‘Regaining the Blockhouse on C1 Hill’. Five second, 10 third and 35 consolation prizes were also presented at the ceremony. The contest was launched a year ago by the Vietnam War Veterans’ Association (VWVA), Voice of Vietnam and Vietnam National Oil and Gas Group. It attracted more than 1,800 entries by war veterans and former soldiers as well as those who participated in Dien Bien Phu campaign in 1954 to fight against French colonialists. The entries are the contestants’ memoirs about events and stories they directly or indirectly encountered while attending the event. Speaking at the ceremony, Lieutenant General and VWVA Vice Chairman Phung Khac Dang said the contest contributed to the collection of treasured documents from historical witnesses, allowing younger generations to capture a full understanding of the legendary Dien Bien Phu victory.
- Dien Bien Phu Victory museum
- French PM revisits site of France's painful Dien Bien Phu defeat
- Thai ethnic cultural festival to take place in Dien Bien
- Writing contest on President Ho Chi Minh launched in Indonesia
- Memorial for Great War dead unveiled at Townlands
- WIN: Dundee Memories calendar is the perfect Christmas gift
- Win: 10 copies of our Aberdeen Memories 2019 calendar up for grabs
- Glamour model Rhian Sugden criticised for posting Holocaust Memorial selfie
- Volunteers sought to help plant memorial trees
- Win: 10 copies of our Aberdeen Memories 2019 calendar
Writing contest refreshes memories of Dien Bien have 270 words, post on en.nhandan.org.vn at April 15, 2014. This is cached page on Talk Vietnam. If you want remove this page, please contact us.