Deputy Prime Minister and Foreign Minister Pham Binh Minh led a Vietnamese delegation to the 25th annual summit of the UN Human Rights Council, which opened in Geneva, Switzerland, on March 3. This is the first time Vietnam has joined over 80 nations and international organisations in the event as the Council’s member. On November 12, 2013, the country was elected to the UN Human Rights Council for the 2014-2016 tenure for the first time, being acknowledged by the international community for its recent achievements in exercising civil, political, economic, cultural and social rights During this session, participants are to review the Council’s activities and discuss ways to protect and promote the rights of immigrants, children, and people with disabilities. They focus on empowering the disabled to gain access to education as well as anti-genocide works. As the Council’s member, Vietnam has proactively participated in the agency’s activities, especially those relating to human rights. She worked closely with other member countries in human rights issues of international concern in the constructive and responsible spirit. The Southeast Asian nation has also promoted dialogues and global cooperation and approached human rights issues in a balanced, all-sided manner. On the fringes of the… Read full this story
- UN Human Rights Council condemns violations against Rohingya
- On paper only, human rights situation better
- Pakistan committed to promote human rights at United Nations
- International moot on Human Rights concludes
- Pakistan set to host its first ever international conference on human rights
- Human rights violation victims to get legal aid
- Human rights: Senate panel to discuss extrajudicial incidents in Karachi
- Pakistan promotes importance of human rights: official
- Chechen leader accused of torturing gay men claims human rights groups 'lie for money'
- Minority affairs: Human rights protection a ‘priority’
Vietnam attends UN Human Rights Council's summit have 303 words, post on vietnamnews.vn at March 3, 2014. This is cached page on Talk Vietnam. If you want remove this page, please contact us.