The Hanoitimes – Ao Dai, the traditional Vietnamese long dress, was introduced to the public in Ho Chi Minh City on March 8-9.
Ao Dai and Flower“, the event was part of celebrations to mark International Women’s Day (March 8) and honour the nation’s traditional cultural values.
The festival attracted many famous fashion designers, well-known artists, and a large number of visitors.
Attendees have the chance to enjoy music and dance performances, a fashion show, a photo exhibition on Ao Dai, , an Ao Dai design competition, a beauty pageant, Ao Dai and flower parades, and a puppet show.
A seminar on Vietnamese Ao Dai was held to highlight the value of the traditional dress through the course of history.
The event also set a record for the largest number of people wearing Ao Dai on March 8.
Ao Dai helps Vietnamese women look more elegant and beautiful.
By Bach Nhat
- Talented female designer offers ao dai designs
- Designer's ‘simple dream’ exhibition showcases glorious ao dai
- Lambada women celebrate life with Natch
- Beauty of Vietnamese women through the lens
- Nick Jonas shares sweet snaps on Instagram as Priyanka Chopra celebrates Hindu festival Karva Chauth
- Centre working relentlessly to empower women, says Modi
- Onam Festival 2020: Significant Things You Should Know About The Festival
- Best Advent Calendars for women: From beauty to alcoholic and vegan countdowns
- The Royals remember: The Queen wears FIVE poppies as she is joined by Kate and William for the Festival of Remembrance at Royal Albert Hall (but who put Harry and Meghan in the cheap seats?)
- DOC NYC documentary film festival goes online
- Diwali, Diabetes And Pregnancy: Sweets And Recipes For Pregnant Women
- More people are opting for at home beauty services this festive season
- Diwali 2020: Why Should We Bring Salt On This Day
- Onam Festival 2019: Things To Know About The Harvest Festival In Kerala
- Is Michael Parkinson having a laugh when he says men are funnier than women?
- A sweater sets the mood at Lakmé Fashion Week Festive 2020
- Celebrity inspired statement earrings to wear this festive season
- Actor Makarand Anaspure tells memories from Ganpati festival
- SMBs enjoy great success with the e-commerce opportunity during Amazon Great Indian Festival
- It's (already) beginning to look at lot like Christmas: From trees going up to shops blasting out festive favourites... how lockdown has given Britons the itch to see Santa EARLY
Ao Dai festival shown on Women's Day have 374 words, post on at March 10, 2014. This is cached page on Talk Vietnam. If you want remove this page, please contact us.