At least seven people have been confirmed dead, and dozens of others injured after a suspension bridge collapsed in the northern province of Lai Chau this morning.
The accident occurred around 8:30am in Chu Va 6 village, Son Binh Commune, Tam Duong District, while a funeral procession was crossing.
According to chairman of Son Binh Commune, Vang A Ho, the funeral procession, with approximately 40 people, was crossing the bridge when it suddenly collapsed. The people fell into the rocky gorge underneath.
The injured are being treated at Tam Duong District General Hospital.
- Heavy rain, flooding cause havoc in Lai Châu Province
- Legal proceedings launched after accident in Lai Châu
- Truck-coach collision claimed 13 lives in Lai Châu Province
- Uttarakhand glacier burst: Seven killed, over 170 missing; PM Narendra Modi, CM Trivendra Singh Rawat announce compensation
- Seven killed, three missing in Indonesia bridge collapse
- Hydropower dam in Dak Nong at risk of collapse
- Younger patients warned as Covid-19 kills Hong Kong woman, 42
- At least 42 killed after strong quake rocks Indonesia's Sulawesi
- Seven Heartbreaks Caused by Joe Biden’s Progressive Border Policy
- Two killed, 24 missing in severe floods in Italy and France
- VIETNAM NEWS HEADLINES MARCH 3
- Storm No.2 uproots trees, claims two lives
- Experts worried about impacts of Chinese Red River dams
- VIETNAM BUSINESS NEWS MARCH 14
- VIETNAM BUSINESS NEWS MARCH 17
- A tour around emerald-green Nghe An, Vietnam's largest province
- VIETNAM BUSINESS NEWS FEB. 28
- VIETNAM BUSINESS NEWS MARCH 8
- VIETNAM BUSINESS NEWS FEBRUARY 13
- VIETNAM BUSINESS NEWS MARCH 9
Collapse of suspension bridge kills seven in Lai Chau have 231 words, post on at February 24, 2014. This is cached page on Talk Vietnam. If you want remove this page, please contact us.