CORAL GABLES, Fla. (AP) Rion Brown scored 22 points to lead Miami to a 69-42 win over Boston College on Saturday.
Brown shot 8 of 14 from the field and made four 3-pointers for Miami (14-13, 5-9 Atlantic Coast Conference). Erik Swoope tied a career high with 14 point, while Manu Lecomte and Garrius Adams had 11 and 10 points, respectively.
The Hurricanes opened the second half with a 14-6 spurt and increased a five-point halftime advantage to 13 for their first double-digit lead. Brown’s jumper with 14:08 remaining capped the early second half surge and gave Miami a 41-28 lead.
Miami later scored eight unanswered points behind Lecomte’s consecutive layups and Brown’s 3-pointer. Swoope’s dunk with 8:44 remaining ended the run and increased the Hurricanes’ lead to 53-36.
Brown’s fast-break layup off a steal with 4:50 remaining gave the Hurricanes their first 20-point lead at 60-40.
Patrick Heckmann scored 15 points but was held to two points in the second half for Boston College (7-20, 3-11).
The Eagles, who defeated No. 1 Syracuse on Wednesday, have lost six of their last seven.
Brown scored eight points, including two 3-pointers, in the first 6:15 to help Miami open the game to a 14-6 lead. The Eagles responded and outscored the Hurricanes 11-4 in the next 5:19. Miami regained its eight-point advantage behind Donnavan Kirk’s consecutive field goals and his jumper with 3:04 left gave the Hurricanes a 27-19 lead. Heckmann hit his third 3-pointer of the first half with 1:48 remaining and cut Miami’s lead to 27-22 at halftime.
- Murkey scores 33 to lead Denver past W. Illinois 69-63
- Boston College women beat Clemson 85-73 in ACC tourney
- James Madison tops Boston College for women’s lacrosse title
- Bradley Beal scores 40, leads Wizards past Knicks 122-115
- No. 7 Florida State tops Boston College to clinch ACC title
- Sabrina Ionescu scores 31 points, adds nine rebounds to lead Oregon past Arizona
- Notre Dame tops Boston College 80-58 to advance in ACCs
- Days leads LSU past Missouri State 73-58
- Dawes leads Clemson past Miami 69-64 in ACC Tournament
- Notre Dame vs. Boston College odds, line: 2020 ACC Tournament picks, predictions by model on 75-53 run
- Tatum scores 32, leads Celtics past Cavaliers 112-106
- Brewer leads SE Louisiana past Central Arkansas 69-65
- Dosunmu scores 24, leads Illinois past No. 9 Penn State
- Nunn’s 22 points lead Heat past Thunder, 115-108
- Opara leads Minnesota past sluggish Earthquakes
- Northern Colorado basketball runs past Boston University at the Cancun Challenge
- Tramon Mark leads Dickinson past Morton Ranch
- Gurley, Swanson lead Furman past UNC Greensboro 81-67
- Watson, Jackson lead Providence past Butler 73-67 in OT
- Pemberton’s 2nd-half burst lead Hofstra past Drexel
Brown leads Miami past Boston College, 69-42 have 418 words, post on www.foxsports.com at February 22, 2014. This is cached page on Talk Vietnam. If you want remove this page, please contact us.