(VOVworld) – The Ministry of Health hosted a ceremony on Sunday in Hanoi to mark the 20th anniversary of the national blood donation drive. Deputy Minister of Health Nguyen Thi Xuyen praised the role of the Institute of Hematology and Blood Transfusion in initiating and implementing the drive:“Over the past 20 years thanks to the voluntary blood donation campaign, we have received more than 8.2 million units of blood for medical treatment of millions of patients. The lives of many people have been saved by blood transfusion. In the community, we have formed a significant movement, which make great contributions to educating ethics, humanitarian activities and responsibilities for the community. The voluntary blood donation drive has made our society more humane”.
Also on Sunday, an annual blood donation festival was held in Hanoi, giving out the message “Sharing red blood, giving hope”.
- Red Spring blood donation festival begins in Hà Nội
- Babies kept in incubators away from their mothers after birth may do worse in life up to 20 YEARS later because the lack of skin-to-skin contact 'raises stress hormones'
- 20 Years Later: Where Are They Now?
- Việt Nam celebrates 20 years of Internet
- On Hey Ram’s 20 years, Rani Mukerji shares what Kamal Haasan’s said about her height
- Kareena Kapoor Khan Will Be Working With Karan Johar After 20 Years In Takht!
- Kamal Haasan remembers 20 years of 'Hey Ram'
- Thai Consulate General organizes blood donation event
- Blood donations continue amid outbreak
- 2020 Chevrolet Corvette Stingray first drive review: Born to dance