There are a number of reasons for this. In part, it’s because some of the benefits of EDVs are wiped out by higher emissions from power plants. Another factor is that passenger vehicles make up a relatively small share of total emissions, limiting the potential impact of EDVs in the first place. For example, passenger vehicles make up only 20 percent of carbon dioxide emissions.
This post was originally published on Smartplanet.com
- Italy sees 57% drop in olive harvest as result of climate change, scientist says
- Climate Change Won’t Stop for the Coronavirus Pandemic
- India's 2030 all-electric car target seen 'ambitious' by IEA
- Tackling climate change is vital for the strongest economic recovery after coronavirus
- Will we learn lessons for tackling climate change from our current crisis?
- Any Trump infrastructure deal must tackle climate change, Democrats warn
- Report: Outbreak triggers drop in climate-changing emissions
- COVID-19 and climate change: What can we learn about saving lives?
- Who is Greta Thunberg and does she have coronavirus? Teenage climate change activist who’s inspired worldwide strikes
- The face of climate change: how Inuit youth lead the fight to save the Arctic
- Global finance must 'align' in climate change fight, says UK minister
- Aiming all-electric car fleet in country by 2030: Piyush Goyal
- How climate change transformed the Earth in 2016
- The Coronavirus Is a Preview of Our Climate-Change Future
- Proposed tax will undo climate change gains
- Birds are adopting 'extraordinary behaviours' to survive the impact of climate change including baiting fish with bread and using boats as a hunting platform, study discovers
- Latin America: how climate change will wipe out coffee crops – and farmers
- Obama makes climate change personal with call for action in home state Hawaii
- Climate Change Denier Tells Fox & Friends Carbon Dioxide 'Not A Pollution'
- Stronger action on climate change would benefit the economy, study finds
Why more electric cars won't save the world from climate change have 735 words, post on www.zdnet.com at January 22, 2014. This is cached page on Talk Vietnam. If you want remove this page, please contact us.