- Lao Cai to reach the target of receiving over 1 million tourist arrivals in 2013
- Over 10 million tourists visit northern central provinces in 2012
- Cat Ba expects to receive 1 million tourist visits
- 1 million tourists visiting Thai Nguyen during national tourism year 2007
- More than 6.4 million tourists visit Ba Ria – Vung Tau province
The number of visitors arriving in the Lao capital city of Vientiane in 2013 has reached over 1.4 million, according to the Lao news agency KPL.
The news agency said revenue generated by tourism has been estimated at over 100 billion kip, citing sources from Deputy Director of Vientiane Information, Culture and Tourism Department, Khampadith Khemmanith.
Vientiane authorities have run campaigns on the building of cultural families and villages in an effort to attract more visitors.
Over 14,598 cultural families and 110 cultural villages have been announced over the past twelve months.
The capital city, built in the 16th century under the reign of King Saysethathirath, has several tourist attractions including That Luang, Ho Pha Keo, Vat Sisaketh, Patouxay, Kaysone Phomvihane Museum, Vat Xiengkhuane, and Vat Simeuang.-VNA