VGP – A contract on the building of the Vinh Tan Thermal Power Plant No.4 was signed at a ceremony in Ha Noi on December 23 in the presence of Deputy Prime Minister Hoang Trung Hai.
The US$1.36 billion Engineering, Procurement and Construction (EPC) contract was inked by the Electricity of VietNam (EVN), the Doosan Heavy Industries Group, the Mitsubishi Corporation.
As much as 85% of the investment comes from loans provided by the Republic of Korea’s banks of KEXIM and KSURE and the Japan Bank for International Cooperation while 15% is the counterpart capital of the EVN Generation Corporation 3 (EVNGENCO 3).
Construction work is scheduled to begin in the first quarter of 2014. The first turbine will be operating by fourth quarter of 2017 and the second, by the end of the third quarter of 2018.
The 1,200MW plant, which is expected to provide about 7.2 billion kWh to the country’s power network, is located at the Vinh Tan Power Center in Tuy Phong district, Binh Thuan province.
Addressing the ceremony, Deputy PM Hai praised the EVN’s efforts in preparing for the project and emphasized the contract’s importance.
He asked the investor and contractors to ensure the project’s tempo as scheduled so as the project can set a model for multiplying in the future.
By Vien Nhu
- Thailand Prepares to Install Floating Solar Plants at Eight Dams
- Apollo Spacesuits Survive Today — in the Roofs Over Your Head
- 2008 Leadership Award: Ron Meyer
- SpaceX Dragon Delivers 'World's Strongest Coffee,' Blueberries & More to Space Station
- The Pentagon Needs to Woo AI Experts Away From Big Tech
- Is Your Wobbly, Illegible Touchscreen Signature Still You?
- Literary Agent Roundtable: 'Even the Bad Movies Sell Editions'
Vinh Tan 4 thermal power plant's contract inked have 275 words, post on news.chinhphu.vn at December 24, 2013. This is cached page on Talk Vietnam. If you want remove this page, please contact us.