- Protesters attack police as anger boils in Mexico over 43 missing students
- Protesters attack governing party offices in Oaxaca as anger boils over missing students
- Cambodian peacekeeping troops to leave for Mali
- Militants attack UN as Mali hunts jihadist nightclub killers
- Mali arrests leader of Islamist group linked to deadly attack on troops
(VOVworld)- UN Secretary-General Ban Ki-moon and the UN Security Council on Sunday strongly protested a car bombing in the town of Kidal, Northeastern Mali, which killed 2 UN soldiers and several members of the United Nations Multidimensional Integrated Stabilization Mission in Mali (MINUSMA). According to MINUSMA, the attack took place Sunday morning while the mission was protecting a bank in Kidal town. Ban strongly protested the attack, saying that everyone responsible for this attack must be put on trial. He re-affirmed the UN’s commitment to support Mali’s government and keep peace in Mali.