South Carolina defensive end Jadeveon Clowney said Tuesday he’s as healthy as he’s been all season and is ready to end his career strongly at the Capital One Bowl. The eighth-ranked Gamecocks (10-2) face No. 19 Wisconsin (9-3) on New Year’s Day. And a Clowney not slowed by bumps and bruises is a big plus for South Carolina. The 6-foot-6, 274-pound junior has dealt with bone spurs in his foot and a strained muscle near his ribs this season, along with double and triple teams from opposing teams he’s faced each game. ”Right now, my mind’s on the team, trying to finish the season off strong and win this game against Wisconsin,” Clowney said. ”After that, I’ll look forward to doing everything else.” For Clowney, that’s prepping for May’s NFL draft. He said a year ago this season would be his last in college and he took a final bow to South Carolina fans at the last home game as he was honored with departing seniors. Clowney was the face of college football’s offseason, largely because of his oft-replayed, helmet-popping hit on Michigan’s Vincent Smith in last year’s Outback Bowl. But Clowney acknowledged it was not the disruptive season he… Read full this story
- Jarrett Stidham's college coach says he's ready to take over for Tom Brady, 'moment won't be too big for him'
- Newman says he will be ready to race when NASCAR resumes
- Kansas City DB Bashaud Breeland arrested in South Carolina
- South Carolina Mayor Warns: Do Not Cross the Georgia Line
- South Carolina Woman Arrested for Repeatedly Licking Hands and Touching Items Inside Grocery Store and Restaurant
- Position battles to replace South Carolina’s four draft picks
- South Carolina F A.J. Lawson declares for NBA draft
- Woman killed by alligator in South Carolina is identified
- Buttigieg ramps up campaign in Nevada, South Carolina
- South Carolina Mayor Warns: ‘Do Not Cross the Georgia Line’
South Carolina DE Clowney says he’s healthy, ready for bowl game have 338 words, post on www.foxsports.com at December 16, 2013. This is cached page on Talk Vietnam. If you want remove this page, please contact us.