- Strengthening tourism cooperation between ASEAN member countries and China, Japan, South Korea
- The 15th Meeting of ASEAN Tourism Ministers Plus China, Japan, Korea
- ASEAN ministers launch discussions with China, Japan, RoK
- Vietnam boost tourism links with ASEAN, China, Japan, RoK
- 27th ASEAN Senior Transport Officials Meeting opens
The 12 th ASEAN- ChinaTransport Ministers’ Meeting that took place in Pakse in the southernLao province of Champasak on December 19 issued a joint statementpledging to push forward their strategic partnership, including ties intransport. The statement welcomed an initiative on a network of portcities of both sides to serve international trade, cultural exchangeand tourism.
ASEAN and China also reiterated theirintent to hold a special conference on transport connectivity tocontribute to the ASEAN-China free trade area.
The11 th ASEAN-Japan Transport Ministers’ Meeting held the same day inPakse adopted the Pakse Plan of Action, which contains 23 jointactivities and projects between the two sides in the next decade.
The meeting also acknowledged Japan’s support for ASEAN transportconnectivity as well as its initiatives including the new ASEAN-Japanaviation security project and the promotion of road technology transferbetween the two sides.
The next ASEAN- ChinaTransport Ministers’ Meeting and ASEAN-Japan Transport Ministers’Meeting are scheduled to take place in Myanmar next year.-VNA
ASEAN increases transport ties with China, Japan have 155 words, post on en.vietnamplus.vn at 2013-12-19 03:12:43. This is cached page on Talk Vietnam. If you want remove this page, please contact us.