- Nam Con Son Pipeline supplies 50 billion cu.m of gas after 10 years
- Economic restructuring seeks US$ 50 billion budget expenditure
- ExxonMobil to kick off multi-billion dollar gas-to-power complex in October
- Multi-billion dollar gas-to-power complex officially kicks-off in November
- Nam Con Son Pipeline conducts gas leak drill
The Nam Con Son gas pipeline in the southern province of Ba Ria-Vung Tau brought a total of 50 billion cu. m. of natural gas to the shore over the past decade.
The information was announced by the Nam Con Son Gas Pipeline Company under the V ietnam Gas Corporation- PV Gas during a ceremony held on November 1 in the province to mark 10 years of the pipeline’s operation.
With a total investment of 1.3 billion USD, the pipeline was the largest foreign investment project in the first years of the 21 st century.
It helped transport and process gas from the Nam Con Son basin to power plants in the province.
As one of the country’s major projects, it has been operating safely and effectively to ensure regular gas supply for many industrial parks in Ba Ria-Vung Tau and Dong Nai provinces, thus contributing significantly to the country’s industrialisation and modernisation.
Since 2011, the pipeline’s capacity was increased to 21 million cu. m. per day and the capacity was up to 22 million from May, 2013.
Along with its production and business activities, the Nam Con Son Gas Pipeline company is always active in social activities. It has donated over 7 million USD to welfare programmes in many localities nationwide.-VNA