- Southern hub has 10,552 places selling goods for price stabilization
- Southern hub collects over VND147 trillion for state budget
- Gov’t Asks Southern Hub to Ensure Growth despite Inflation
- Co-working increasingly appeals to youth in Vietnam’s southern hub
- Vietnam’s southern hub needs $122 bn for traffic infrastructure development
The Ho Chi Minh City Ballet Symphony Orchestra and Opera (HBSO) will perform Sergei Prokofiev’s ballet Cinderella at the Opera House next week.
To be choreographed again by famous Norwegian choreographer Johanne Jakhelln Constant, Cinderella was performed by the HBSO for the first time last August during the Autumn Melodies Festival.
Constant is artistic director and choreographer of dance company Moving Art in Norway, where she also teaches classical ballet and dance history.
Her collaboration with the HBSO began when she choreographed the ballet The Nutcracker in 2011 and again the next year.
Cinderella is based on the fairytale about a poor girl who lives with her stepmother and stepsisters and is ill-treated and forgotten in the kitchen. But thanks to her Fairy Godmother, her life of hardship is magically transformed.
Cinderella (ballet) Op.87, composed by Prokofiev (1891 -1953) in the 1940’s, has been choreographed innumerable times since. It premiered in 1945 at the Bolshoi Theatre in Moscow with choreography by Rostislav Zakharov. There are now over 1,500 versions all over the world.-VNA