- Vietnam, Laos, China to hold “con” throwing festival in Dien Bien province
- The 3rd “Con” throwing festival in Dien Bien Province
- Festival in Dien Bien commemorates peasant hero
- Ban Flower Festival in Dien Bien to take place from March 11-14
- Culture and sports festival for ethnic groups opens in Dien Bien province
The Vietnam-Laos-China “con” throwing (throwing a sacred ball through a ring) festival will be held in Dien Bien Phu City in the northern mountainous province of Dien Bien from October 25th to 27th 2013.
The information was released at a press briefing on the festival held in Dien Bien province on September 25th.
As many as 1,500 participants, including about 85 from the guest Chinese district of Jiangcheng (Yunnan province) and 60 from the Lao district of Nhot U (Phongsaly province), will take part in the festival.
There will be art performances and cultural exchanges among participating units; sports activities and folk games. Especially, special cultural activities such as a beauty contest with traditional costumes of the three countries, gastronomy contest and trade fair on Vietnamese consumer products will be held during the festival./.