- Effective health insurance policy ensures social security
- Phu Yen increases Party leadership on realising social insurance and health insurance policies
- RoK helps Vietnam build health insurance policy
- Managing health insurance funds proves tricky business
- Health minister urges improvement in health insurance services
(VOVworld) – The National Assembly Standing Committee on Wednesday commented on the reports of the results of the supervision on how health insurance policies were implemented during the 2009-2012 period. Committee members said the report gave in-depth and comprehensive assessment of the achievements as well as arising difficulties. After the 3-year implementation of the Law on Health Insurance, by 2012 an additional 8 million people had joined the health insurance scheme, bringing the total number of health insurance holders to 59 million, accounting for nearly 70% of the population. The health insurance fund had a surplus of 13 trillion VDN in 2012 following a deficit of 3 trillion VND in 2009. The quality of health services has been improved. National Assembly Vice Chairman Uong Chu Luu stressed the need to enhance the responsibility of the entire society to make health insurance accessible to all:“I urge the clarification of the responsibilities of the National Assembly, the Government, ministries and localities in making health insurance useful to people’s lives. Efforts should be made to implement an all-inclusive health insurance by 2014”.