- Localities must actively participate in the project “Coastal Resources for Sustainable Development”
- 1.7 billion dongs to be advanced to the project “Coastal Resources for Sustainable Development” of the province
- Japanese city offers ideas to Danang on sustainable development
- Danang City Successfully Developing Industrial Zones
- List of newly-licensed and capital-increased projects in Danang city( As of 20/10/2012)
The World Bank (WB) in Vietnam has worked with the Danang city People’s Committee to officially inaugurate the Danang Sustainable City Development Project (SCDP), with a total investment of over USD272.135 million (roughly VND5.75 trillion).
The project, which will last until 2019, will help Danang city develop sustainably by improving the urban environment and using energy effectively.
The project includes components such as drainage and wastewater improvement, bus and rapid transit development, urban strategic roads, technical assistance and capacity building, and transferred activities of Danang priority infrastructure investment project.
When completed, some 400,000 residents, including 205,000 women, are expected to benefit from the project. In addition, a majority of residents in the city will enjoy an improved public traffic system and hygienic services, while investors and tourists will benefit from improved services and infrastructure, and relevant departments’, sectors’ and organizations’ capacity will be helped to increase.
This is the largest project ever sponsored by the WB. It is expected to help Danang city’s sustainable development and create favourable conditions for the development of neighbouring provinces in the central and Central Highlands regions./.