– Politburo member and Deputy Prime Minister Nguyen Thien Nhan has been named President of the Vietnam Fatherland Front (VFF) Central Committee. The appointment came at the sixth conference of the seventh VFF Central Committee in Hanoi on September 5.
– Dr. Bui Minh Trang, Chief Inspector of the HCMC Department of Health said that the department’s inspectors are planning to issue today penalty on Apollo General Clinic, at 228-228A Tran Hung Dao Street, District 1. On August 289, ten Chinese nationals have been found working there illegally.
– Demark has recently opened a new office to receive visa at 4th floor at Resco building, 94 – 96 Nguyen Du Strett, in District 1, HCMC.
– 18 dead and gone missing while 14 other injured up to September 5 in the flood and landslide in northern cities Lao Cai, Thai Nguyen, Lai Chau and Ha Giang.
– On September 5, Dong Thap police announced their initial investigation, saying the reason for the death of six staff members, including the factory director when they in turn fell into a fish oil tank, is hypoxemia. The accident occurred on September 4 at the IDI Fish Oil Refinery Plant in the southern Dong Thap Province
– Da Lat’s second hand clothing market, a famous tourist destination at Hoa Binh area, will move to the new area in the Da Lat Center. The 40,000 square-meter center is a complex consisting of traditional market, mall, convention center and hotel with the total invest capital of around VND1,000 billion.
– The first Festival of Theater Schools – Asian Pacific Region opened in Ho Chi Minh City in September 5. It gathers 120 delegates and students from 15 drama theaters and stage schools, including the Australian National Theater Drama School; China’s Shanghai Drama Institute; Indonesian Institute of the Arts Yogyakarta; Korea National University of Arts;; LASALLE College of the Arts in Singapore; Philippines’ Ateneo Drama School and IPAG Stage Center of the Philippines.
– The reality show on construction titled “Cung Xay Nha Moi” (Let’s Build A New House) will be on air for the first time ever in Vietnam at 9:15pm on HTV7 every Saturday from September 6. The show is opened for contestants who are couples who are married, engaged or planned to marry. The winner will receive VND1billion (US$48,077) prize.