- Cultural Festival of Mong Ethnic People on Karst Plateau
- Approving for organizing 2nd Ethnic Cultural Festival of Mong ethnic group in Ha Giang
- Cultural Festival of Mong ethnic group held
- Festival featuring Mong ethnic people of Ha Giang opens in Hanoi
- Nearly 50 Khanh Hoa artisans participated in cultural festival of Raglai Ethnic – Ninh Thuan 2013
HA GIANG (VNS)- A festival dedicating to the pan-pipe playing of the Mong ethnic group will take place in Dong Van Karst Plateau in the northern mountainous province of Ha Giang this month.
During the three-day event, from August 31 to September 2, the festival will feature a wide range of cultural activities, including pan-pipe dancing and performances of ancient songs. A dancing contest will be held, gathering several local ethnic pan-pipe artists.
As well as having a chance to learn about the origin and history of this music instrument, tourists will also be able to join in with some traditional Mong games.
An art exhibition featuring paintings by veteran artist Do Duc will be open to public during the event. The painter has visited the karst plateau many times and fell in love with the land and its people, who have given him great inspiration for his artworks.
According to chairman of the Dong Van Commune People’s Committee, Hoang Xuan Thinh, the festival aims to preserve and develop cultural values related to the Mong pan-pipe – a symbolic image of this ethnic group, thus further promoting the local ethnic culture to people.
Ha Giang Province and its Dong Van Karst Plateau is among the favourite destinations of both Vietnamese and foreign travellers. – VNS