- Vietnamese students win competition on Mekong River development
- Number of Vietnamese students in US increases for 16th straight year
- 13 Vietnamese to compete in WorldSkills Competition in UAE
- Vietnam clinches first-ever medal at WorldSkills Competition
- 14 Vietnamese contestants to compete at WorldSkills Competition
Vietnam has sent 13 vocational students to the 42nd Worldskills Competition, which commenced on July 2 in Leipzig, Germany.
|The Vietnamese vocational students to join WorldSkills Competition in Leipzig|
The on-going competition brought together a total of over 1,000competitors from 65 countries and territories worldwide to show theirskills in 46 occupations.
Deputy Head of the GeneralDepartment of Vocational Training Cao Van Sam said Vietnamesecontestants display their proficiency in cooking, restaurant services,fashion, web design, IT solutions, plumbing, refrigeration and airconditioning, electrical installations, electronics, and carpentry.
The event provides a stage for under-22 vocational students to performtheir skills and exchange experience so all of competitors will bewinners, said Johanna Wanka, German Minister of Education and Research.
The event will close on July 7.
TheCompetition was first held in Spain in 1947. Since 1973, it wasorganised biennially. It had an official name of WorldSkills Competitionsince 1999.