- Winning designs of sustainable design competition for Vietnamese students
- Vietnamese students win competition on Mekong River development
- Vietnamese students attend Worldskills Competition
- Vietnam clinches first-ever medal at WorldSkills Competition
- Vietnam wins 7 awards at 42nd Worldskills Competition
Vietnam has sent 13 vocational students to the 42nd Worldskills Competition, which commenced on July 2 in Leipzig, Germany.
The on-going competition brought together a total of over 1,000 competitors from 65 countries and territories worldwide to show their skills in 46 occupations.
Deputy Head of the General Department of Vocational Training Cao Van Sam said Vietnamese contestants display their proficiency in cooking, restaurant services, fashion, web design, IT solutions, plumbing, refrigeration and air conditioning, electrical installations, electronics, and carpentry.
The event provides a stage for under-22 vocational students to perform their skills and exchange experience so all of competitors will be winners, said Johanna Wanka, German Minister of Education and Research.
The event will close on July 7.
The Competition was first held in Spain in 1947. Since 1973, it was organised biennially. It had an official name of WorldSkills Competition since 1999.-VNA