President Truong Tan Sang of Vietnam and President Barack Obama of theUnited States of America issued a joint statement at the end of theirtalks in Washington on July 25. US President Barack Obama receives his Vietnamese counterpart Truong Tan Sang President Barack Obama welcomed President Truong Tan Sang of theSocialist Republic of Vietnam to the White House on July 25, 2013.During their meeting, the two Presidents affirmed their commitment toopening a new phase of bilateral relations between Vietnam and theUnited States based on mutual respect and common interests. PresidentTruong Tan Sang’s visit comes at an important time for both nations,reflecting a shared desire to build a forward-looking relationshipbetween the two countries. President Truong Tan Sang andPresident Obama decided to form a Vietnam-US Comprehensive Partnershipto provide an overarching framework for advancing the relationship. Theyunderlined the principles of the Vietnam-US Comprehensive Partnership,including respect for the United Nations Charter, international law, andeach other’s political systems, independence, sovereignty, andterritorial integrity. They stated that the Comprehensive Partnership isintended to contribute to peace, stability, cooperation, and prosperityin each country, in the region, and in the world. The newComprehensive Partnership will create mechanisms for cooperation inareas including political and diplomatic relations, trade and economicties, science and… Read full this story
- Senator John McCain, ex-POW and political maverick, dead at 81: statement
- Trump 'made a mistake' by not honoring John McCain's service, Jimmy Carter says
- Republicans rejected Sen. McCain and embraced Trump. What does that say about them?
- Pompeo pledges coordination with Japan in N. Korea talks_ to raise abduction issue
- Dan Nowicki: What I learned about John McCain during 20 years covering him
- John McCain remembered: Obama, family and more pay tribute
- What I learned about John McCain during 20 years covering him
- POLITICO Playbook: The plans for McCain’s memorial and burial … Sneak peek at Mark Leibovich’s new book
- FOX NEWS FIRST: Bruce Ohr kept Mueller deputy 'in the loop' about dossier, sources say
- Nation and World briefs for September 1
Vietnam, US issue Joint Statement have 336 words, post on dtinews.vn at July 25, 2013. This is cached page on Talk Vietnam. If you want remove this page, please contact us.