- Formosa invests in building wastewater treatment system and employees’ apartment block with the total capital of 26 million USD.
- US$682 million signed to aid VN’s reforms, growth
- ADB increases trade finance to 75 million USD for TPBank
- Thua Thien-Hue earns 474.7 million USD in export revenue
- Seven-month FDI nears 794 million USD in Dong Nai
VietNamNet Bridge – On the evening of July 9, at Tan Son Nhat Airport, HCM City, the U.S. police handed over a man named Huynh Van Nga to the Vietnamese authorities.
About three years ago, Huynh Van Nga fled to the US before the arrest warrant was released.
The Vietnamese police agency issued international arrest warrants against Huynh Van Nga because during the time serving as the deputy director of Thien Son Phu Company (specializing in iron and steel business), Nga used the same assets to mortgage for loans at many banks to appropriate hundreds of billions dong (tens of million USD).
To be settled in the U.S., Nga used a fake divorce decision with his wife in Vietnam and made fraudulent marriage with a U.S. citizen. The US authorities detected the false marriage and deported Nga back to Vietnam.