- Exclusive: U.S. Homeland Security found SEC had ‘critical’ cyber weaknesses in January
- U.S. airlines meet with Homeland Security on expanding laptop ban
- Vietnamese intellectuals want more contribution to homeland
- Lam Dong Lottery One Member Co., Ltd: For a Prosperous Homeland
- ‘Viet Kieu’ basketball players find opportunity in homeland championship
VGP – The Viet Nam Summer Camp for young overseas Vietnamese officially opened in Ha Giang province on Sunday morning.
Around 200 outstanding young overseas Vietnamese from 24 countries worldwide returned to the fatherland for this Summer Camp themed “The call of the homeland”.
This year’s Camp aims to help young overseas Vietnamese better understand the history and culture of their nation of origin, therefore enhancing their attachment to the country, according to Mr. Nguyen Thanh Son, Deputy Foreign Minister and Head of the State Committee for Overseas Vietnamese Affairs.
In Ha Giang, participants will carry out a series of activities, namely lighting candles to commemorate martyrs at a cemetery in Vi Xuyen district, music exchanges with young people in Ha Giang, visiting Thanh Thuy border gate and border markers.
On July 15, the participants will visit Dong Van stone plateau recognized by UNESCO as one of the 77 geological parks in the world and the second in Southeast Asia and Lung Cu flag tower which represents the strength, pride and indomitable will of the Vietnamese nation over the thousands of years of its construction and defense.
The Viet Nam Summer Camp 2013 will run through July 30 across the country and wrap up in the Southern province of Ca Mau./.
By Hai Minh