- Vietnam Association for the Blind’s achievements praised
- Party General Secretary Nong Duc Manh praises students for achievements in study and social activities
- Vietnam’s educational achievements praised
- International students sing to praise President Ho
- Health sector achievements praised on Physicians’ Day
Vietnamese contestants bagged seven vocational certificates of excellence in the week-long 42nd Worldskills Competition, which commenced on July 2 in Leipzig, Germany.
Vietnam’s achievements at the competition have contributed to improving the position of the country’s vocational training sector in the ASEAN region and the world.
Deputy Head of the General Department of Vocational Training Cao Van Sam made the remarks in a recent interview with Vietnam News Agency’s correspondents in Germany.
The Vietnamese students displayed proficiency in cooking, restaurant services, fashion, web design, IT solutions, plumbing, refrigeration and air conditioning, electrical installations, electronics and carpentry.
The largest ever event of its kind, this year’s contest saw more than 1,000 candidates from 65 countries and territories compete across 46 vocations. The competition was first held in Spain in 1947. Since 1973, it has been held biennially. It has been known as WorldSkills Competition since 1999.-VNA