PANO – Vice State President Nguyen Thi Doan, on July 16th, visited and presented gifts to 30 outstanding beneficiary families in Hung Yen province prior to the 66th anniversary of the War Invalids and Martyrs’ Day (July 27th). The Vice President encouraged them to set good examples in abiding by the State’s laws and Party’s policies, contributing to building a more prosperous hometown of Hung Yen.
Vice President Nguyen Thi Doan and her entourage also offered incense to pay tribute to heroic martyrs at the Hong Nam and Tan Hung communes’ martyr memorials.
* The High Command of Military Zone 3 has used VND 327.4 million from its 2013 Gratitude Fund to hold activities marking the War Invalids and Martyrs’ Day.
Accordingly, from July 19th to 25th, the High Command of Military Zone 3 will organize a trip for war invalids and martyrs’ relatives who are working for 4 units under Military Zone 3 to visit President Ho Chi Minh’s hometown, the national historic relic of Dong Loc intersection and Quang Tri ancient citadel, and to pay tribute to heroic martyrs at the Truong Son and Road 9 national martyrs’ cemeteries.
From July 22nd to 26th, the zone’s troops will visit and present gifts to local war invalids, beneficiaries and Vietnamese heroic mothers.
* On July 17th, the Engineering Service cooperated with the People’s Committee of My Tan commune, Ngoc Lac district, Thanh Hoa province organized a funeral for martyr Pham Van Quang, a second lieutenant and commissioned officer who died on September 9th 2011 when carrying out a task in building a defence project in Phu Tho province.
Martyr Pham Van Quang’s family also received a certificate acknowledging his good service to the nation.
The Engineering Service also extracted VND 60 million from its Gratitude Fund to repair Quang’s house.
* The Signal Corps, on July 16th, planned to visit and present gifts, worth VND 500,000 each, to war invalids, martyrs’ relatives, officers with poor health conditions, victims of Agent Orange and beneficiary families.
The Corps’ Command also instructed its units to cooperate with local authorities to visit policy beneficiaries, pay tribute to heroic martyrs at local martyr monuments, and support the local Gratitude Fund.
* Army Corps 3 has just decided to take VND 300 million to visit and present gifts to 5 Vietnamese heroic mothers (each gift worth VND 1 million) and 245 war invalids and its sick soldiers under treatment at Military Hospital 211.
Doctors of its units also provided free medical check-ups and medicines for almost 3,700 minority ethic people in Gia Lai and Kon Tum provinces with the total cost of VND 43 million and presented 26 saving books worth VND 78 million to needy families, and VND 130 million for local poor households to buy crop seeds.
* Meanwhile, over 300 needy people in Ninh Dien and Hao Duoc communes, Chau Thanh district, Tay Ninh province also received similar assistance from doctors and nurses of Military Hospital 7A under Military Zone 7, on July 16th.
The hospital has cooperated with the local authorities to set up a medicinal herb garden, and provide a training course on acupuncture and using medicinal herbs to cure some common diseases among local people.
Translated by An Khue