Irene McCormack Jackson says she endured months of harassment from Mayor Bob Filner while serving as his communications director, and the turning point came at a staff meeting in June when another top aide confronted the mayor over his behavior and quit. “You are running a terrible office. You are treating women in a horrible manner. What you are doing may even be illegal,” Allen Jones, then Filner’s deputy chief of staff and a longtime confidante, is quoted saying in a sexual harassment lawsuit filed by McCormack. McCormack chimed in, “I agree with Allen. You are horrible.” When the mayor challenged her for an example, she said she replied, “How about when you said that I should take my panties off and work without them.” The episode is described in the lawsuit McCormack filed Monday against Filner, dealing another blow to San Diego’s first Democratic leader in 20 years. His own party appears split on his leadership, though many Democrats have joined Republicans in calling for the former 10-term congressman to resign less than eight months into a four-year term. McCormack is the first person to publicly identify herself as a target of Filner’s advances, suing nearly two weeks after… Read full this story
- Air Force faces San Diego St. in MWC quarters
- Nevada looks for home win vs No. 5 San Diego St.
- No. 5 San Diego State advances to MWC title game
- Lunardi: Latest bracketology update after San Diego State's loss
- LA, San Diego, Oakland join California school closings
- Utah St tops No. 5 San Diego State for Mountain West title
- Will San Diego Comic-Con Be Cancelled Because of Coronavirus Outbreak?
- Thursday’s Things to Know: Illinois’ B1G title hopes hurt, San Diego State survives scare and Tulsa wins without playing
- Five San Diego brewers to find when you have IPA burnout
- One Day, One Place: San Diego's waterfront
Harassment claim is latest blow to San Diego Mayor Bob Filner have 324 words, post on www.nydailynews.com at July 23, 2013. This is cached page on Talk Vietnam. If you want remove this page, please contact us.